New To TunerPro RT

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
delcowizzid

Re: New To TunerPro RT

Post by delcowizzid »

i know one of the lads on here was working with moates to try get the VS working on one maybe they have nailed it at last i know hes tried a few times with no luck maybe its good to go now :punk:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
XR Pilot
cars: Nissan Skyline wagon, ST162 Celica + MR2 turbo engine (project)

Post by XR Pilot »

antus wrote:Interesting.. I just skimmed over the specs 10 mins ago and didnt see the magic 27c010, but now I re-read it I see it does say "from 4k (2732A) up to 512k (4mbit 29F040) and everything in between" so that would be 512kbyte not 512kbit! I wonder if anyone on this side of the world has noticed that before. With all the regular talk of proms in kbit I reckon more than a few people would have misinterpreted that. Good news, though. The bank switching isnt a problem as the xdf would be written in terms of the bin, not in terms of the PCM mapping in to the processors smaller 64kbyte address space, so emulation of the chip would be all thats needed.
I knew, was beaten to the post though. The Ostrich has a switch on the side of it to switch between 24 & 28/32 pin, then a second switch for 28/32 pin for the larger roms. I haven't tried it on anything larger than a 28 pin prom yet though so can't comment on how well it works. I'm keen in particular on seeing how well the address tracing works in TP V5 when its released. When I have used it in Nistune it has worked ok.
Mick

Post by Mick »

I have been playing around with the Ostrich V1 and V2.

With some updates to TunerCat RT I have the upload and download to the emulators sorted. There was an update to the definition editor as well to handle the checksum operation.

TunerPro RT will upload and download to the emulators in it's current form but might need an update to handle the checksum operation. There is plenty more scope with TunerPro to nut things out in the early stages.

Have not had a late model Holden (27c010 chip) running on the emulators yet but I was quite close.

The last thing I was doing was playing arond with the addressing on a 29f040 trying to get it to work. Ran in to some trouble and have not had the time to revisit this, but it really needs to be sorted out. It is very close and the software guys are keen to help.

Was wondering if anyone had a spare VS<VT ECM lying around so I can make up a test bench. I made one up for the 808 so I might just modify that board to suite the VS,VT.

Hummmm this is pissing me, need to put some time in and sort it.

Cheers

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
sabercatpuck
cars: 1999 Saturn SL1
2003 Monte Carlo

Post by sabercatpuck »

One thing I know for sure with the Saturn ecm I am working with is that the memory can be thought of as 4 parts not 2. The lower Rom on it is from $2000 to $7fff. The upper portion from $8000 to $ffff is divided into 3 areas. The first is the one that is naturally there when it is reset. The second physically resides from $10000 to $17fff, and the third is from $18000 to $1ffff. There are several bank switching routines near $5666 that use indirect jumps with the x register and w couple pins on port g with some external switching to combine these into address lines 15 and 16. At least on the '99 Saturn.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Instead of starting a new TP thread I thought I'd ask here.

In TP when I open the spark advance table in Tables/ Functions and then select view graph I'm not sure what the "LV8" axis refers to.

Probably a noob question but that's where my knowledge is at
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

What definition file (xdf) are you using?
LV8 is typically used to create an engine load on a vehicle with MAF and no MAP.
In Australia Holden seemed to use millgrams per cylinder (mgc) of air, a couple of early xdf's I did I had LV8 as this is what the US was using.
A low MAP, LV8 or mgc number is no load, and a high one is WOT, what the actual numbers are will depend on the application.

Hope this helps,
yoda69
krusty

Post by krusty »

yoda69 wrote:What definition file (xdf) are you using?
LV8 is typically used to create an engine load on a vehicle with MAF and no MAP.
In Australia Holden seemed to use millgrams per cylinder (mgc) of air, a couple of early xdf's I did I had LV8 as this is what the US was using.
A low MAP, LV8 or mgc number is no load, and a high one is WOT, what the actual numbers are will depend on the application.

Hope this helps,
yoda69
I was looking at this one:

$12P-V1-Ecotec-808-Basefile-2010-01-14

So from your explanation would I be right in assuming that the "LV8" axis would be the equivalent of "Lambda" or load level? I would still like to know what the abbreviation LV8 refers to though
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Lambda is to do with air fuel ratio relative to stoich.
LV8 is to do with load on the engine.
The best explanation I have seen is in the following link, it's about half way down and fairly heavy on the maths.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/comput ... y-lv8.html

yoda69
darcy

Post by darcy »

krusty wrote: I was looking at this one:

$12P-V1-Ecotec-808-Basefile-2010-01-14

So from your explanation would I be right in assuming that the "LV8" axis would be the equivalent of "Lambda" or load level? I would still like to know what the abbreviation LV8 refers to though
I thikn you have the wrong .xdf file.
[/i]$12P-V1-Ecotec-808-Basefile-2010-01-14[/i] is the .bin (binary file).
You should be using the OSE$12P_V101_1.xdf out of the zip package in the the 1st post of THIS thread.
LV8 is not a term used in Australian MAP based code bases, or the $12P code.

This isn't suitable for the VY computer either.

Cheers
darcy
krusty

Post by krusty »

Thanks Yoda and Darcy. It's getting clearer now :thumbup: