Which way should i go for Methanol or E85 ?

General Tuning Questions And Discussions

Which way should i go for methanol ?

Methanol or E85 compatible EFI
92%
Methanol or E85 compatible Carby
8%

Total votes: 13
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: Which way should i go for Methanol or E85 ?

Post by yoda69 »

MRA (Modular Reservoir Assembly) is Holden speak for the assembly that contains the fuel pump and fuel gauge sender that is mounted to/in the fuel tank.
Last edited by yoda69 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

in my case an RCI fuel cell with nothing inside it :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well i have decided which way to go :D

methanol and $12P injected is going to be the go on this thing.

starting to take shape nicely .... need to get a few more fittings and hose etc but it should just about be ready to go by the time the motor is assembled and installed. :punk:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

looks excellent. I love those built in fuel pressure guages ive seen in a couple of your pics!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the only problem with the one in this pic is that its for carby and doesn't have the reading for EFI pressure ....

never fear though i have a gauge on the end of the fuel rail hehehe :punk:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah im hoping to get a good liquid filled guage soon too ide really like an in cabin one maybe ill just run a fuel line in :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i was thinking of trying to get an electric sender that i could hook up to the datalogger so i can monitor it ..... might be easier to just get a gauge in the cabin though
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

if you get the electronic guage and sender im sure you could soon tee of the signal wire to datalog it too :punk:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

been trying to decide which way to go 5/16 or 3/8 fuel line, and i was leaning towards 3/8 figuring theres less chance i'll get fuel shortage issues with it (being that i need twice as much methanol as petrol) so i was trying to work out the best way to do it ....

this is a standard VK EFI fuel rail which as you can see on the left has the 5/16 fitting, this is meant to go around the back of the tappet cover over to the drives side.

because i have an alloy tappet cover its a bit more meaty and needs the fitting to be bent backwards slightly to clear .... so in the process of doing this my fuel rail snapped off in the middle of the bend where it looks like it has been welded before.

so this forced me to work out some way of putting a fitting in the end of it and subsequently i figured, im going to have to fix it ... may aswell do it once .... SOOOOO .... its now a 3/8 fitting :D

i basically drilled the hole out then tapped a thread into it and screwed the fitting in ... it was pretty tight so i figured it would probably seal fine, but it also only had 1-1.5 mm of thickness around the thread and the thread was only 3-4 mm deep so i decided to braze it in just to be sure..

please note that is my first attempt at brazing :study:

so now i will have 3/8 from the fuel pump the whole way to the fuel rail so that should be plenty for the forseeable future!

also you may be wondering what the injectors are ... they are VT V6 ones ... reason i am using them at the moment is

a. they are the same shape and material as the ones i plan to get so if the methanol doesn't hurt them the ones i want should be fine and
b. according to info i can find they are the lowest flowing injectors i have so they are the ones i care least about if they get fucked :D

as me old mate Burt Munro says, offerings to the god of speed :thumbup:

gotta get some bundy tube and make up some under floor tubes then im just about done for the fuel system!