Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Roosterinwa
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am
cars: Vy v6 '03 crewman

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by Roosterinwa »

VX... Thanks heaps for your input... And everyone else for that matter, I now atleast have some direction to go to finally get some positive results...

I have been able to use other ecu's and yes vats were off, and clone worked pretty much the same except idle was very bad and would stall regularly!
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I can let you know pin numbers & colors tomorrow!

There is another option where you can disable processing of the knock sensor & fault code, but really not the best option!
engybenjy
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm
cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop
Location: Benalla

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by engybenjy »

If i understand the whole knock sensor thing, if it registers a knock then it pulls a predetermined amount of spark out of the tune for a period of time or engine events. That doesn't mean it goes limp home it just means its doing its job. So if the wiring is all good there has got to be something wrong with the tune or the computer is reading something it thinks it shouldn't such as a voltage spike outside of the allowable range. I wonder if there is adjustment for this in the strategy you are using?
I can probably fax you pinouts tomorrow from my shop also the guys at injectronics have been helpful with pinouts on some of jobs i have had issues with.
Roosterinwa
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am
cars: Vy v6 '03 crewman

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by Roosterinwa »

Vx... Some great feedback mate, cheers, I have cloned new ecu with vats disabled, but when I did a get bin and opened it in tunerpro I came across a maf setting at 1600rpm had no value and knock sensor no1 was set but no2 was not..
But also did not do cal file as well so there may be a few problems there, will try in morning to see if that helps matters)

Is no1 and no2 left and right? In TP5?
Roosterinwa
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am
cars: Vy v6 '03 crewman

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by Roosterinwa »

Guys, pinouts will be a great start for me, atleast then I can cancel out poor wiring...

I will be updating my progress regularly on here from now on, I really appreciate all the input all have provided...

:driving:
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

That Tune already had VATS disabled, so not sure what else you disabled on the clone?

Also if you cloned correctly it shouldn't have idled badly, it should have been the same as the cloned PCM?

All sounds a bit strange & not sure if you have everything right!
Roosterinwa
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am
cars: Vy v6 '03 crewman

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by Roosterinwa »

I think your right, sometime when I try to write bin, it comes up with an error but it still starts and runs just the idle and knock fault still is present...
I might have to start from scratch with setup of files and the software... Could it also be the xdf file is incorrect? It designates that it's for vx vy v6...

In ose flash scan tool I can get it to connect easy enough but when It comes to reading bin and reading cal it seems to be flawless, but when writing... It presents an error.. I will get screenshots and bin/cal files uploaded as soon as I do them (hoping for tomorrow mid arvo) I work nightshift so I will attempt to update when I get here.

:wall:
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

L/h knock sensor C10 Blue
R/h knock sensor C11 light blue

There is dodgy xdfs floating around for these too so you might want to post up what your working with!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by antus »

Is the error regarding the checksum? If so, did the flashtool present the option to fix it? and did you let it fix it? I understand that is normal.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

With the newest flash tool it fixes the checksum in background if box ticked as it should be but that tune also has been AA'd so checksum shouldn't matter!

If your xdf says vx-vy it's probably early 1 & all wrong data locations as you can use 1 xdf for different calibrations too!