standard 355 tune

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Another355
cars: VN

Re: standard 355 tune

Post by Another355 »

Yep using the plugin off this site. I'll have another look at the settings again tonite. Just another question, how do you guys finding tuning the car without a dyno? Can you still acheive a similar result?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Standard bins wont support the realtime hardware. you should contact the seller and find out what code is on your nvram, and get them to provide the initial setup support and prove to you that it works in the first place.

After that point you'll need to move the relevant tables in to the tune on the nvram. Some table sizes will be different between factory and 12p. You'll need to use something like excel to cut n paste the tables in to a spread sheet and use forumulas to average data for the new rows that didnt exist in the factory tune. You'll see what I mean when you try to do this.

You can get decent results tuning fuel on the road reasonably easily with a wideband o2 sensor. Tuning spark is harder but possible provided you have enough room and you have a driver you can work with. Of course you should only try that on a private road/track. You'll need space so you can hold a steady state without needing to brake/corner.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Another355
cars: VN

Post by Another355 »

Hmm I see, funny thing is it worked when I first hooked it up. My laptop crapped out so after fomating it I had this problem haha. Gota feeling its all in the settings. Thanks for the help boys