Should I disable Lean cruise and closed loop until i get me VE table in order?
I have disabled "Lean Cruise"
Is the "Closed loop" parameter "Mulicatlicative closed loop correction option" or "Enable A/F Check for closed loop fuel logic"
Is there any others i should disable? ie BLM
304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
-
eckermannk
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:05 am
- cars: Torana LH VN 5.0
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
set closed loop enable temp to max (150ºc?) Should do the trick
BLM yes good idea to disable, I think you might need to clear the ECU after its disabled to clear any stored correction?
BLM yes good idea to disable, I think you might need to clear the ECU after its disabled to clear any stored correction?
-
eckermannk
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:05 am
- cars: Torana LH VN 5.0
Re: 304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
thanks Vlad01.
How do I clear the ECU?
How do I clear the ECU?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
Remove power to it for 10 minutes
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
Holden202T wrote:Remove power to it for 10 minutes
or unplug it for a sec at the ecu. i also find taking out the fuse takes a while, unplug the ecu and its cleared straight away. I don't know why thats the case?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: 304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
If you set "BLM Params - Block Learn - Maximum Allowable BLM" and "BLM Params - Block Learn - Minimum Allowable BLM" to 128 which inits the BLM table setting them all to 128 or 0% correction.
Then set "Closed Loop Params - Closed Loop minimum coolant temperature" to max or 151 deg
Wont need to pull the battery, wont have closed loop, all the stored BLMs will be back to 128/0% correction and BLMs wont change from 128 next time you run it.
Then set "Closed Loop Params - Closed Loop minimum coolant temperature" to max or 151 deg
Wont need to pull the battery, wont have closed loop, all the stored BLMs will be back to 128/0% correction and BLMs wont change from 128 next time you run it.
-
eckermannk
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:05 am
- cars: Torana LH VN 5.0
Re: 304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
Thanks Guys..
Been out today and doing some tuning. The change in performance has been significant from where I started this morning. I would say its nearly back on par with the banana manifold in low to mid but the top end is far better. Im still running a little rich in the low to mid range which i will keep on playing and tune that out. I just hope switching back on BLM and closed loop doesn't mess it up.
Been out today and doing some tuning. The change in performance has been significant from where I started this morning. I would say its nearly back on par with the banana manifold in low to mid but the top end is far better. Im still running a little rich in the low to mid range which i will keep on playing and tune that out. I just hope switching back on BLM and closed loop doesn't mess it up.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
if your tuning it properly then no it shouldn't 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
eckermannk
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:05 am
- cars: Torana LH VN 5.0
Re: 304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
Got it running sweet it the mid to high rpm. But is a little sluggish in the initial/low rpm range. When I accelerate of the line it runs a little rich. Ie 12.5 to 12.0 in the wideband. Or is this normal?
Will playing with the AE help? Are there any other settings to look at?
Will playing with the AE help? Are there any other settings to look at?
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 304 Tuning wirh Torque Power Manifold.
rich is ok you can quiet often richen down low and add more timing .what sort of 100kpa timing you running below is what i start at on cammed 304 with bananas you should be able to get a bit more in
30.23
30.59
30.59
30.23
29.88
28.83
28.13
27.42
26.72
26.02
25.31
24.61
23.20
20.74
17.58
12.30
9.84
30.23
30.59
30.59
30.23
29.88
28.83
28.13
27.42
26.72
26.02
25.31
24.61
23.20
20.74
17.58
12.30
9.84
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem