Lost power with MAT sensor

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by Holden202T »

I agree with jayme, try dropping off the timing where the power drops off and see if that helps .... the best way to tune spark is by most torque produced so you should be able to go off before and after graphs to see whats better ?

also with the fuelling it seems to be a personal preference how rich.lean to tune on boost.

I personally tend to stay on the safe side and go for something like 11.5 or a bit leaner for about 15-20 pis boost .... but I've heard of people running 11.9 on over 20psi boost and they seem to think its ok!

like I said, for me, im happy with safe rich :D
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by VL400 »

delcowizzid wrote:does it still run a boost solinoid its not limiting boost v's intake temp with the higher reading iat
Yeah thats pretty much the only thing i could find that uses the IAT.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by immortality »

delcowizzid wrote:does it still run a boost solinoid its not limiting boost v's intake temp with the higher reading iat
I think it is, this could well be the issue.

We didn't have a MAP sensor hooked up this time around to see what happening boost wise :(

edit: just checked the data, airflow drops when the IAT goes above 66° C so I think Delco has nailed it :D
XU6 MAT sensor air flow 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by Jayme »

yeah on the l67 I tuned, we disconnected the boost solenoid and reran the pipes so it only opens the bypass plate off throttle... that might just sort it without having to move or retune anything.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by immortality »

I've adjusted the Supercharger - Boost Limit Vs Intake Air Temp table to compensate for the higher IAT's seen with the MAT sensor. That should solve the problem.

Now we can finish fine tuning the AFR's and play with the timing.

I'm with Holden202T, probably go just a bit richer to keep it safe.

edit: I think I need to figure out how to use the datalogger pass-thru option, that way I can log my own boost pressure with a MAP sensor rather than relying on the data from the dyno facility. Then I need to see If I can piggyback off his WB O2 somehow.

I think I need to have a chat with the operator.
User avatar
krusty
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by krusty »

You may be able to log dyno MAP VS roadspeed to interpolate back to TP logs. Always piss off the boost reduction solenoid asap once you touch a super6. It's a friday arvo engineering job lol
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by immortality »

We were using RPM to compare data. The dyno uses injector pulses to calculate RPM.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by antus »

Yep, last L67 I touched the boost solenoid caused problems. Had to remove that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by ejukated »

they tend to leak when they get dirty causing loss of precious boost!
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Lost power with MAT sensor

Post by immortality »

I will suggest it to the owner. Is there a guide anywhere to follow?