Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok I have solved one problem when you open the adx file in tunerpro the file become modified and doesn't seem to work correctly in scannerpro. Once i redownloaded the adx file and open in scannerpro all works "normal" no fickering gauges and except values. So coms and ecu must be fine. Not sure about Vats I'll check this afternoon the program in the NVRAM is your antus the gemi bin one as downloaded.

VN5000 are you also data logging with Tunerpro if so what did you do to get the adx file to work. I'll also look in to what verson but i download antusprom.exe and antusprom5.exe neither worked same results.

Cheers
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by antus »

ahh right yeah i have no vats in my car so that wont be it. is it the cal file I first posted here, or the bin file now in the ose12p tunes thread? It should be the latter, although thats probably not the issue here.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vn5000
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
cars: vn v8 commodore
Location: GOLD COAST QLD

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by vn5000 »

Im using antus prom 0.7 and to get tp5 adx working i had to add listen for silence command into monitor macro.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by Jayme »

yeah the adx in $12p package wont work in tp5 at all until you completely rework the conneciton macros. I have made a tp5 verison that was based on 1.02 $12p scannerpro adx (this is the one that VN5000 added the listen for silence to get it working on 1 wire aldl) but it hasnt been updated to include the small changes from 1.02 to 1.05

find it posted here: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... t=10#p4074
at least it will show you how to set up the conneciton macros if you want to make your own updated one from the latest scannerpro adx
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by ToyHicko »

Cheers for that Jayme I was getting close last night but need sleep. I was able to get TP5 to connect but not update the displays.

So basically now my only problem is with antusprom getting it to connect. It seem to fall over with the Copying ROM to RAM so what is this part doing is it copying to PC RAM, ECU RAM or else where. Does this routine also run in test mode as that works?

Keep in mind I'm fairly new to the Delco scene but have a firm grasp of Electronics and Micro controllers. Just a Little more and thing should start to fall into place for me I hope.

Jason
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by antus »

the test mode skips the bin download entirely. it definately is a comms issue, and probably with antusproms timing being out with your hardware for some reason. It worked for me on FTDI usb/serial but the timing difference on a hardware serial port on my pc didnt. I'll see what i can come up with.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by ToyHicko »

Well Flash tool 1.15 has fixed one problem I can now emulate so real time tuning is working but I can't log at the same time. I though using TP5 I would be able to log and emulate on the same port but I maybe wrong. One possible reason maybe the new TP5 need different adx macro.

Jason
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by Holden202T »

thats wont work until the aldl passthru stuff is implemented in the flashtool ... either that or antus is planning to write a plugin for TP5 to allow realtime without needing antusprom/flashtool etc
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by antus »

Tp5 supports it, but the flashtool only supports 1 tunerpro connection. This means that we need to implement the APU1 ALDL passthrough instructions to make logging and emulating possible. However, now the Tp5 'plugin' architecture looks like its around the corner, that would be better as we will be able to get Tp5 talking proper ALDL with write with no extra protocol conversion in the middle, and no hacky serial loopback driver layer.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: Problems with Turner Pro RT 5 & Antusprom

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok then as long as there is a reason I'm happy so going off what your saying I'd have to stop logging to emulate or vise versa. So I'ld be better off logging with TP5 changing the Cal file and downloading with flash tools until a plugin has be created.

Cheers