VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
chrismoddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am
cars: VT l67 Manual
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by chrismoddy »

Hi Dylan,

So what program do I use to do a "GET BIN" ??

Thanks
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by Dylan »

chrismoddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am
cars: VT l67 Manual
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by chrismoddy »

Thats awesome thanks mate
chrismoddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am
cars: VT l67 Manual
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by chrismoddy »

So I have uploaded my bin with the program you have suggested it worked a treat.
I have tried to compare it with other Bins that I have found on this site, but to be honest I'm really not to sure what I am looking at.

Does this BIN look like it's setup right for the L67 getrag?

Any advice would be much appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It is CXWK based & literally just has the 2 getrag options changed, which never just works from my experience there's a lot of other people out there that say it does, but there is always airflow & idle changes to be made!

I'd be getting your money back from that person & getting a better starting point!
chrismoddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am
cars: VT l67 Manual
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by chrismoddy »

Hi VX L67 Getrag,

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at that for me.

You're completely right! after comparing my bin with auto bins it's exactly the same as a tune setup for an auto with just the manual flags ticked.

I'm not sure if they will give me my money back as I purchased it a few months ago but it is definitely a lazy tune on their behalf.

So do you suggest copying the IAC settings from an ecotec manual bin and add them? Is their any other settings that I need to copy fromm the ecotec manual bin?

Can I burn a tune onto my memcal using OSE Enhanced Flash Tool or do I need a burner? As all I have is the cable, tunerpro and OSE Enhanced Flash Tool?

Or Is there maybe a good starting tune you could setup for me to suit the getrag and I'd be happy to pay you for your time and effort?

Kind regards,

Chrismoddy
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hopefully if you show them the link to this thread they will know they've done the wrong thing & should give you your money back.

It's because of people like that I don't want to help out in the open forum too much as then they will just copy & sell & make more money.

But no you can't just copy using the OSE tool unfortunately even if they used a EEprom the OSE tool doesn't support it.

You'd either need a UVeraser to erase your original memcal & then programmer to write to it, or if they used a EEprom then you can use a programmer to erase it & write to it.

Where abouts are you located, maybe someone is near by that can help.
User avatar
ralcool
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by ralcool »

The quick areas to adjust to make it more manual compatible. Cut / Paste from nearest compatible bin.

Idle Spark... and the matching area in the main spark table. (Stops the idle hunting)
IAC Throttler follower vs RPM (Stops the revs from holding so much between gear changes)
Main Spark table in the low rpm / gm zone, compare to manual and see the block of cells (400-2000rpm / 50-250mg) with reduced timing. (Makes it nice to drive slowly)

These little changes will make a massive difference.

-sean

Link to my post.. pictures might help explain. (Reminder to myself to finish the thread)
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 8&t=4170&p
chrismoddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am
cars: VT l67 Manual
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by chrismoddy »

Thanks ralcool,

Thats some really helpful information.

When you say copy and paste from the nearest compatible bin, do you mean copy and paste from a VT Manual bin?

Cheers
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by Holden202T »

yeah whatever tune you can find that it the closest to what you want, so the figures you get will be most correct for your application.