808 Track car help please
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 808 Track car help please
Itllbe a table called map a idle afr vs temperature or similair
-
motoxray
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 am
- cars: 1952 Holden FX
1961 Mini
1985 BMW E30
1989 Mitsubishi L300 w/VT V6
Re: 808 Track car help please
Got it, thanks!
-
motoxray
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 am
- cars: 1952 Holden FX
1961 Mini
1985 BMW E30
1989 Mitsubishi L300 w/VT V6
Re: 808 Track car help please
Sorry 202, I missed your earlier post.
I gather to log from the 808 that has to be done via the laptop?
We can't have that in the car while on track, unfortunately, so we're reliant on the Zeitronix.
there are some auxiliary inputs (5v, I think) so I might be able to log the MAP in that way.
I seem to be having some inconsistency problems related to the laptop, possibly the USB port, so I'm going to try another unit next time out.
I gather to log from the 808 that has to be done via the laptop?
We can't have that in the car while on track, unfortunately, so we're reliant on the Zeitronix.
there are some auxiliary inputs (5v, I think) so I might be able to log the MAP in that way.
I seem to be having some inconsistency problems related to the laptop, possibly the USB port, so I'm going to try another unit next time out.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 808 Track car help please
yeah that correct, you'd need a laptop or one of VL400's data loggers....
but if you can put a 5v into the zeitronix that will accept a map sensor, even if you have to run a second one just for the logger.
but if you can put a 5v into the zeitronix that will accept a map sensor, even if you have to run a second one just for the logger.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 808 Track car help please
Can even log with an android tablet or phone if you're allowed. A small phone is easy to hide.
-
motoxray
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 am
- cars: 1952 Holden FX
1961 Mini
1985 BMW E30
1989 Mitsubishi L300 w/VT V6
Re: 808 Track car help please
202, I had a look for data logger's in the for sale section to no avail.
I saw something about VL400 taking some time out?
Do you have any info on this?
Thanks
I saw something about VL400 taking some time out?
Do you have any info on this?
Thanks
-
motoxray
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 am
- cars: 1952 Holden FX
1961 Mini
1985 BMW E30
1989 Mitsubishi L300 w/VT V6
Re: 808 Track car help please
Dylan, would you do that via a wireless dongle setup??
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 808 Track car help please
You can with Bluetooth but I haven't done that. I use the same USB interface as I use for my laptop and connect that to my phone.
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: 808 Track car help please
Didnt vl400 sell out of the loggers?
-
motoxray
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 am
- cars: 1952 Holden FX
1961 Mini
1985 BMW E30
1989 Mitsubishi L300 w/VT V6
Re: 808 Track car help please
Dylan, what software/program do you use/suggest?