Vt hsv conversion won't run
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
this is the cable/ interface you need http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3616
-
Hsv183
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 am
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
Wow thanks I will have a read. Only thing I have changed ecu/pcm related is the maps from one to another on my motec but I'm willing to have a go
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
What part of Melbourne are you in, that will help as well
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
What do you mean by motec?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Hsv183
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 am
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
I live in Melton.
Motec is the ECU that I have in another car, I have a pump gas map & a race gas map that I can change between.
I do have a TACTRIX open port 2.0 obd cable that I was going to use on an EVO 5 we had but just never got round to it, not sure if it will work for the HSV pcm.
Motec is the ECU that I have in another car, I have a pump gas map & a race gas map that I can change between.
I do have a TACTRIX open port 2.0 obd cable that I was going to use on an EVO 5 we had but just never got round to it, not sure if it will work for the HSV pcm.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
If it has spark and then stops sparking something is wrong in the ignition side of things.it should have spark even without an eco connected.is the ignition module well earthed on the body
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Hsv183
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 am
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
It has good spark however doesn't appear to switch the 5v bypass to ignition
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
Your Tactrix cable won't work. It's only OBD2.
-
Hsv183
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 am
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
**UPDATED INFO**
I will be getting a cable as suggested in the next couple of weeks. This is all pretty new to me so excuse my ignorance if I don't understand some of the terminology thrown around, I'm an older guy that cut my teeth on points & carburetors however have retro fitted ECU's into odd cars in the past, mainly Nissan & Mitsubishi without drama.
So from the top, car is a VK Commodore, was a EFI 6 that had a 304 engine in when I got it however it was stuffed & from a VN.
I then purchased a HSV SERIES 1 5.0L 195i VT Clubsport engine that I viewed running in the car, it came with Getrag manual, loom, PCM & the HSV security system with the black swipe tag. No BCM though.
The guy had cut the wires for the security system which I have removed from the loom altogether.
The only wire that I can't find in any pinout is E9 which is pink, does anybody know what this wire is for?
The PCM is service number 16234531, & also has the number 16268298 CFZC.
So I sent my MEMCAL away to have the VATS removed (same MEMCAL came back as I marked it) but when I tried to start the car it was as if the vats was still on so I sent it back to the guy who assured me that the VATS was off & sent it back along with another MEMCAL to try however neither worked.
So you turn the ignition on, fuel pump primes, you can hear the IAC finding position, PCM has power & clean earths. Next step try to start it however wont engage starter (sometimes it engages the starter but only for a split second then nothing)
At this stage if I earth the start relay myself it turns over no problem so the PCM isn't giving the relay the earth it needs from F5.
Now it turns over & fires but pretty much dies straight away, no stumbling etc just a clean shutdown. The primaries of the headers get hot indicating combustion & it smells like any other car I have out of the exhaust when first started.
It has good fuel pressure & flow & if I have the ignition on & turn the engine over by hand it fires the injectors & re primes the fuel pump.
So yesterday I decided to spray brakeclean into the throttlebody when it fired & it keeps running as long as I'm fuelling it so in my eyes the PCM isn't driving the injectors just as you would expect if VATS was still on. Injector monitor line has voltage along with everything else, I have been through it so many times now just to eliminate everything.
So my question is from somebody who has had a similar issue or knows more than me, does it sound as though the VATS is still on?
I will be getting a cable as suggested in the next couple of weeks. This is all pretty new to me so excuse my ignorance if I don't understand some of the terminology thrown around, I'm an older guy that cut my teeth on points & carburetors however have retro fitted ECU's into odd cars in the past, mainly Nissan & Mitsubishi without drama.
So from the top, car is a VK Commodore, was a EFI 6 that had a 304 engine in when I got it however it was stuffed & from a VN.
I then purchased a HSV SERIES 1 5.0L 195i VT Clubsport engine that I viewed running in the car, it came with Getrag manual, loom, PCM & the HSV security system with the black swipe tag. No BCM though.
The guy had cut the wires for the security system which I have removed from the loom altogether.
The only wire that I can't find in any pinout is E9 which is pink, does anybody know what this wire is for?
The PCM is service number 16234531, & also has the number 16268298 CFZC.
So I sent my MEMCAL away to have the VATS removed (same MEMCAL came back as I marked it) but when I tried to start the car it was as if the vats was still on so I sent it back to the guy who assured me that the VATS was off & sent it back along with another MEMCAL to try however neither worked.
So you turn the ignition on, fuel pump primes, you can hear the IAC finding position, PCM has power & clean earths. Next step try to start it however wont engage starter (sometimes it engages the starter but only for a split second then nothing)
At this stage if I earth the start relay myself it turns over no problem so the PCM isn't giving the relay the earth it needs from F5.
Now it turns over & fires but pretty much dies straight away, no stumbling etc just a clean shutdown. The primaries of the headers get hot indicating combustion & it smells like any other car I have out of the exhaust when first started.
It has good fuel pressure & flow & if I have the ignition on & turn the engine over by hand it fires the injectors & re primes the fuel pump.
So yesterday I decided to spray brakeclean into the throttlebody when it fired & it keeps running as long as I'm fuelling it so in my eyes the PCM isn't driving the injectors just as you would expect if VATS was still on. Injector monitor line has voltage along with everything else, I have been through it so many times now just to eliminate everything.
So my question is from somebody who has had a similar issue or knows more than me, does it sound as though the VATS is still on?
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Vt hsv conversion won't run
Go back to basics, have you checked for fault codes?