Vr v8 with th400

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by Wade »

Also is it possible to run ls1 coils and sequential injection in my vr with the delco
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by antus »

Sequential injection - no. But the real world gains of such a system are very minimal.
LS1 coils yes with additional hardware VL400 builds - see here http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2913
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by Dylan »

Go all out fit a VT dissy and have sequential spark with LS2 coils.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by Wade »

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. at the moment I just want to start the thing and see what this motor sounds like. Then do the fuel system tailshaft ect. The 355 build is well on its way now so once I've built that I want to be able tune as much as I can into it
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by VL400 »

11P and 12P are pretty much identical in terms of tuning as the engine code is similar, the XDFs are a little different but parameter naming is very similar. Also to note 12P has more flex outputs if that is important to you, but no spark cut like jayme mentioned.

About the only downside to no VSS is not being able to use a lockup TCC if you have one. Everything else can be tuned around.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by Wade »

Nah there's no tcc
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by Dylan »

Have you got a wideband wired to the PCM?
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by Wade »

Yeah I've got a Wideband but not connected yet. I've been playing with the statesman with tuning 11p and slowly chipping away at the vr I'm hoping to get it started an run in this weekend.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by Dylan »

Has the statesman got the stroker in it? That bin you posted has had some work done to the VE and spark.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vr v8 with th400

Post by Wade »

Nah the statesmans just a 5 litre same as the vr commodore. But I've done a little work to the vr and its turbod. The 355 stroker is still in the build. I just picked the motor up from the machine shop as I wasn't happy with them and didn't feel I was on the same page as em. But in saying that it's the first time I've used them. I'll go back to speed works or even comeracing this time. As for the bin I haven't put any bins up yet