VT 5L ECU & Loom into VS
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: VT 5L ECU & Loom into VS
Is it's a VS it'll connect to the body at the battery area. If it's at the passenger firewall it's VT
-
Icey83
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2025 12:00 pm
- cars: LH Torana & VT SS (5.0)
Re: VT 5L ECU & Loom into VS
Just wanting to bump this post again. Antus mentioned the heart beat is different on the ALDL line. I assume you meant board rate? If not could you please offer some more detail?
I am wanting to do the same swap as per the subject but into a VR statesman. I am trying to repair a butcher job by another person who tried to install an aftermarket ECU/PCM. There is enough breadcrumbs left of the VR loom so I don’t feel it’s going to be a big job to stitch in the VT one nicely.
I note there is now a module you can buy that pretty much solves a lot of the issues like AC request, etc, (seemed it was a binary input on VR pcm?)
I was hoping to get the trip computer working also which would just about make the retro fit complete. Might be a warning light here or there that might not flag on the dash from the VT PCM and i am sure intermittent delay trying to start the car will still be there as per the existing aftermarket install. But it will be a heck of a lot better.
I am wanting to do the same swap as per the subject but into a VR statesman. I am trying to repair a butcher job by another person who tried to install an aftermarket ECU/PCM. There is enough breadcrumbs left of the VR loom so I don’t feel it’s going to be a big job to stitch in the VT one nicely.
I note there is now a module you can buy that pretty much solves a lot of the issues like AC request, etc, (seemed it was a binary input on VR pcm?)
I was hoping to get the trip computer working also which would just about make the retro fit complete. Might be a warning light here or there that might not flag on the dash from the VT PCM and i am sure intermittent delay trying to start the car will still be there as per the existing aftermarket install. But it will be a heck of a lot better.