https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj8fgMQ ... e=youtu.be
2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
Definitely the end of an era, and in more ways than one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj8fgMQ ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj8fgMQ ... e=youtu.be
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
I've never had a V8 commodore, only V6's so I'm not too fussed in that regard, but I'm not sure about the look of it, would really need to see it in the flesh ....
as for FWD only models, my holden cruze with 132kw is bad enough as front wheel drive, so I reckon the traction control will have its work cut out for it!
interesting to see its 300kg lighter ..... love to know how they have achieved that.
as for FWD only models, my holden cruze with 132kw is bad enough as front wheel drive, so I reckon the traction control will have its work cut out for it!
interesting to see its 300kg lighter ..... love to know how they have achieved that.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
The sad thing is the new kia coming out is a twin turbo v6 RWD. So the rolls of the 2 companies have switched now?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
i dont mind it, though FWD is no go for me, the SS equivalent is that VXR which doesn't come close to the 300kw though it is boosted. All i can think about is parts costs, longevity going down the tube same as any other new car, which is why ill stick with my older pre alloytec commo's
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
I can appreciate the end of the RWD platform and the inevitable end of Australian manufacturing, its unfortunate but there isn't much anyone can do about it. But I can't understand why they would keep the commodore name.
Imagine if they had VB/VC/VH all the way through to VF kingswoods?
Imagine if they had VB/VC/VH all the way through to VF kingswoods?
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
Hate to tell you, the V6 is NA only and not boosted.The1 wrote:VXR which doesn't come close to the 300kw though it is boosted.
"Due for release in 2018, the Commodore VXR boasts a naturally aspirated 3.6-litre petrol V6 engine that produces 235kW of power and 381Nm of torque, mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive."
http://www.caradvice.com.au/568754/2018 ... -revealed/
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
well that ends that speculation of old
-
madmaxisback
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:56 am
- cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina - Location: Perth
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
As expected: http://www.motoring.com.au/exclusive-ca ... oz-108152/
Like I said earlier, bring on the real GM Muscle!
Like I said earlier, bring on the real GM Muscle!
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
madmaxisback
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:56 am
- cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina - Location: Perth
Re: 2018 Holden Commodore - Whats your thoughts?!
Hahaha! Made me think of Homers car he designed in a episode! Come to think of it, kinda looks a bit like the new Commodore. 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.