N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by antus »

Thats right. The flash tool treats the data bus as a stream (ALDL is 8192 baud) so bluetooth radio buffering will reduce your throughput but not cause problems with the flashtool. It may cause issues with logging as there are specific timing requirements in the ADX macros.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vk4akp
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 am
cars: 2004 - VY2 - Commodore Wagon (Auto)
1981 - VC - Commodore (Starfire 5SP-Manual)
1979 - UC - Torana Hatch (4Sp Manual)

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by vk4akp »

OK. That's probably about it for today. I have to get the old man to the Dr next.
I did take the car for a run around the block with ALDLdroid logging (via Bluetooth).
I noticed a O2 sensor didn't look right to me. And also a transmission slip value in red! :(
Anyhow, I'll dump the Log file here for any comment if you don't mind?
2017-09-14_12.59.21.csv
2017-09-14_12.59.21.csv
.-.-.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vk4akp
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 am
cars: 2004 - VY2 - Commodore Wagon (Auto)
1981 - VC - Commodore (Starfire 5SP-Manual)
1979 - UC - Torana Hatch (4Sp Manual)

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by vk4akp »

I ran another log on the way home.

Interested in any comments on the O2 sensor readings and the transmission slip values.
2017-09-14_21.02.37.csv.zip
.-.-.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vk4akp
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 am
cars: 2004 - VY2 - Commodore Wagon (Auto)
1981 - VC - Commodore (Starfire 5SP-Manual)
1979 - UC - Torana Hatch (4Sp Manual)

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by vk4akp »

OK. So I pretty much think those ALDLdroid logs I put up here are junk.
I finally got TunerPro to work with the interface.
It too tended to just log junk constantly. Seems to be some sort of sync problem. I found I had to load the incorrect XDF ("A" version) connect, disconnect and then load the "B" version, connect and all is good. Stable idle gauge etc (Normally erratic).
I don't know why this is happening. Something to investigate further.

So I have a couple of log files that should be good this time. (Comments appreciated, as specially the O2 sensors).
TunerPro-Log-2.xdl
TunerPro-Log-2.xdl
.-.-.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by antus »

Probably the wrong rs232 echo setting in the adx for your interface
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vk4akp
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 am
cars: 2004 - VY2 - Commodore Wagon (Auto)
1981 - VC - Commodore (Starfire 5SP-Manual)
1979 - UC - Torana Hatch (4Sp Manual)

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by vk4akp »

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Hey where can I get all the specs on the ECU? CPU etc? And the other two modules on the bus. BCM & ???.

I have a friend interested in disassembling the code and having a play.

Someone I thought suggested that the CPU was a Motorola 68000?

Also the 128K dump that the software does, is that the full code from the ECU? I remember reading somewhere that maybe it's bank switched and that possibly you can't get to it all?

.-.-.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by antus »

The cpu is hc11 and bank switched, all code is available and the banks are known but the switching is proprietry. Ive gone a ways with cutting it up and making 2 bins where 32k is common to both and dissassembling that. Have a look in the dissassembly area for at reassemblable code for the same family. Less is known about the other modules, but its all hc11. We found in the end it was easier to patch existing code in place rather than get the dissassembly up to a high enough standard that it was modifiable without breaking on reassembly due to the bank switching and trying to keep it all in sync.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by antus »

Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vk4akp
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 am
cars: 2004 - VY2 - Commodore Wagon (Auto)
1981 - VC - Commodore (Starfire 5SP-Manual)
1979 - UC - Torana Hatch (4Sp Manual)

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by vk4akp »

053JTU-ECU-Pic-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vk4akp
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 am
cars: 2004 - VY2 - Commodore Wagon (Auto)
1981 - VC - Commodore (Starfire 5SP-Manual)
1979 - UC - Torana Hatch (4Sp Manual)

Re: N00B getting started 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore

Post by vk4akp »

Back again.

The picture above is my ECU. The one below is one I've been offered.
I'm wondering is they are compatible?

My car is 2004 VY2 V6 Commodore Executive Wagon - 4L60E - 4x power windows.
Donor is VY Berlina Wagon. Has climate control & 4x power windows.

Also wondering if his BCM would be of use to me as well?
Donor-ECU-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.