Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
Diegrinder and a burr in the slot if it's tight we are only talking paper thin removed if needed depending on bore spacing tolerances from the factory.we run ls7 lifters with dogbones same part numbers as all v6 so size and length is good and no passeges uncovered as long as they are shrouded rollers
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
Thats what I was thinking too.
I'm trying to get onto Johnson in the states to get a custom set for buick done with low bleed short travel, 0.300 taller, shrouded and 2 lengths of tie bar to suit the uneven bore spacing the buick has.
4 pairs have SBC spacings and 2 have ecotec spacings.
I'm trying to get onto Johnson in the states to get a custom set for buick done with low bleed short travel, 0.300 taller, shrouded and 2 lengths of tie bar to suit the uneven bore spacing the buick has.
4 pairs have SBC spacings and 2 have ecotec spacings.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
http://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hydr ... plications
These are what I want but with 4 pairs with standard SBS tie bars and 2 pairs of 1.77" spacing tie bards
These are what I want but with 4 pairs with standard SBS tie bars and 2 pairs of 1.77" spacing tie bards
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
Ahh these should work as a drop in short travel for ecotec.
http://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hydr ... iscription
http://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hydr ... iscription
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
how much noiser do you think they'll be than standard lifters? I've heard they can be pretty noisy which makes the knock sensors a bit useless
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
Not sure, will give feedback when they are fitted, we don't use knock sensors so no problem.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
Same, the knock system on the delco is retarded. No pun.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
shouldnt really be any noisier than stock apart from if theres a big stick and heavy springs in there.the tie bars can rattle but not heaps
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
Set pre load right and they're going to be fine. Most forget that it's usually a crazy cam profile fitted in conjunction with aftermarket style lifters that actually causes the added noise to valve train.ejukated wrote:how much noiser do you think they'll be than standard lifters? I've heard they can be pretty noisy which makes the knock sensors a bit useless
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???
If anyone is interested I have custom Johnson lifters going to be made soon that suits all of ecotec and the 2 middle pairs for buick.
While they are doing mine they might as well do others if people need them. Its taking their SBC short travel standard height lifters which are fully shrouded and making custom 1.77" tie bars to suit.
The other 4 pairs in the buick are just these off the shelf SBC lifters as it uses the same SBC 1.56" centers
https://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hyd ... 12SBR.aspx
Depending on the cam base circle there maybe a small amount of milling/grinding to the top of the lifter bore to add some clearance under the tie bars. Stock cam base circle should have 50 thou clearance out of the box, min required by the manufacture is 10 thou for thermal expansion.
While they are doing mine they might as well do others if people need them. Its taking their SBC short travel standard height lifters which are fully shrouded and making custom 1.77" tie bars to suit.
The other 4 pairs in the buick are just these off the shelf SBC lifters as it uses the same SBC 1.56" centers
https://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hyd ... 12SBR.aspx
Depending on the cam base circle there maybe a small amount of milling/grinding to the top of the lifter bore to add some clearance under the tie bars. Stock cam base circle should have 50 thou clearance out of the box, min required by the manufacture is 10 thou for thermal expansion.