Sorry I couldn't resit.
4l60e tune needed
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 4l60e tune needed
I think this is appropriate 
Sorry I couldn't resit.
Sorry I couldn't resit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 4l60e tune needed
3-4 Is always the failure burnt up clutch pack not enough pressure and too much pressure are just as bad as each other They now sell a fix that bolts on the end of the clutch drum to stop it going out of shape with extra pressure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 4l60e tune needed
Sonnax Smart-tech drum
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: 4l60e tune needed
I remember back in the day with my stroked 5Litre with twin throttle in a Ve Calais it used to burn 3rd gear clutch packs around every 6 months, without even really hard driving!
But trans builder guaranteed it would handle the power so he kept repairing under warranty but it gave me the shits pulling it out every 6 months so I sold it the 4th time it was rebuilt, but it had cracked the standard rear frame where it supports the diff too!
But trans builder guaranteed it would handle the power so he kept repairing under warranty but it gave me the shits pulling it out every 6 months so I sold it the 4th time it was rebuilt, but it had cracked the standard rear frame where it supports the diff too!
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: 4l60e tune needed
3-4 clutch pack clearance is a biggie, factory is pretty sloppy then add wear ontop, you want to reduce it as much as possible but not to small to cause binding, the 3-4 piston doesn't have to much travel, i saw it a bit mentioned when i rebuilt mine that to much clearance caused leakage via the seal, then people run the pressure up which makes it worse, also check the shaft end play, change the washer thickness if need be. But yeh over 200hp you need to start looking to upgrade parts, sunshell is a biggie, alot of them break though i think because people go between D and R without coming to a stop. If you use the transgo valve plates they have the holes enlarged already to what they should have been from the factory. Boost Valve, Servo's and shift pistons are good upgrades.
-
BARBS
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am
- cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186
Re: 4l60e tune needed
Thanks for all the help guys but I am going to ditch the 4l60e plan. I have a new trans I am pretty sure no-one has put behind a Holden 6. More news to come once I work out the finer details.