Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
Please keep it on topic, a laugh is a laugh but its a waste of time for people searching for help and reduces the signal to noise ratio on the forum.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
Kanzi Studio is Kwazy
-
Gatecrasher
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
I decided to play with this a little more and found your fork of BigUncleMax's KZB tool. It looks promising, but the folder structure it outputs is clunky as shit. It ran into the file path length limit for windows long before it finished. I know I can increase that, but I still think there's a better way than prefixing all the folders with Folder_.
With that said, my original argument stands. This could be good for reskinning, but figuring out how this all works is going to kwazy. It dumped ~2400 files out of ~7800 before it crashed and that was long before it got to the actual PNG graphics. ~2400 binary behavior files and it wasn't done. Figuring out how those files work and interact is going to be a major undertaking.
Code: Select all
C:\Users\gatecrasher\Desktop\s550\install\bin\cluster.kzb_unpacked\Folder_Prefabs\Folder_Gauge_MinorGauges_Parent\Folder_Gauge_MinorGauges_Parent\Folder_TemperatureGauge\Folder_TrackMinorGuage\Folder_TrackTemperatureGauge\Folder_Grid Layout\Folder_PointerWith that said, my original argument stands. This could be good for reskinning, but figuring out how this all works is going to kwazy. It dumped ~2400 files out of ~7800 before it crashed and that was long before it got to the actual PNG graphics. ~2400 binary behavior files and it wasn't done. Figuring out how those files work and interact is going to be a major undertaking.
-
Gatecrasher
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
I adjusted the code to prefix folders with a simple underscore. That fixed the depth issue. But now it's running into all sorts of other issues extracting the Kanzi blob. It doesn't look like something that could be ported to the GM clusters, so I think I'm done with it for now.
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
You can try my port of BigUncleMaxes KzbTool here https://github.com/jakka351/Python-KZB the packer on the GitHub still isn't working properly, but we have managed to 99% repack the filesystem that is extracted from the kzb back into a kzb binary file and subsequent binary blobs and tars in order to package it up for flashing.
-
Gatecrasher
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
That worked a bit better. I ran into the long filename thing again so I changed the prefix to f_. A bunch of the PNGs came out corrupted though. I pulled a few up in a hex editor and they're missing the missing the header at a minimum. I didn't dig any deeper than that.
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
PM me your GitHub account name I'll invite you to a private repo
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
I am ready to flash a modified VBF to an IPC - I just need a mustang. See attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
jakka
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
- cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
- Location: Aus
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
The burnout....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
PelsonBM
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2025 3:05 pm
- cars: Ford Edge 2019
Re: Hacking Ford Mustang Dash 2019 5.0
any update on this ? looking for this seed key algo , have this cluster in Mustang right now 
