GQ-4X programmer USB not recognised

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: GQ-4X programmer USB not recognised

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So I had it all apart & was still doing the same thing, but went back to another pc & it worked.... I then realised it was an older software but when it connected to internet it said it was the latest for the hardware.

So I think it was just software being incompatible with the hardware.... glad it’s working again!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: GQ-4X programmer USB not recognised

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah the newer software is meant for a newer revised model and isn't compatible with the vanilla model. I had the same problem once. You can tell, the newer software shows the socket as black, older shows it as green.