I'm still plugging along here on occasion. I'll post better detailed info later this weekend. Question for the Ford guys, it appears the seed/key is a 3 byte seed and then a 2 byte key required, then another again when switching to a higher speed mode. Is there a freeware seed/key algo/generator around? Thanks for any help
Newbie , is it possible to make bench harness Ford?
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: Newbie , is it possible to make bench harness Ford?
Hiya,
I'm still plugging along here on occasion. I'll post better detailed info later this weekend. Question for the Ford guys, it appears the seed/key is a 3 byte seed and then a 2 byte key required, then another again when switching to a higher speed mode. Is there a freeware seed/key algo/generator around? Thanks for any help
I'm still plugging along here on occasion. I'll post better detailed info later this weekend. Question for the Ford guys, it appears the seed/key is a 3 byte seed and then a 2 byte key required, then another again when switching to a higher speed mode. Is there a freeware seed/key algo/generator around? Thanks for any help
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: Newbie , is it possible to make bench harness Ford?
Hiya Folks,
I know there are a few "bench" programming alternatives out there, most are pretty expensive, and well due as they are quite labor intensive to build. I've been working on what I hope is a good alternative for freeware/cheapware/etc.
I don't work on much Ford stuff and so far it appears the FEPS circuit remains active in everything I have been able to check. The ECM/PCM doesn't seem to mind the extra voltage on that line after you have initiated a read or write. I am not sure if it just needs to get a "trigger" to say "all is ok" or if it actually uses this voltage.
Anyway, saying Hello
I know there are a few "bench" programming alternatives out there, most are pretty expensive, and well due as they are quite labor intensive to build. I've been working on what I hope is a good alternative for freeware/cheapware/etc.
I don't work on much Ford stuff and so far it appears the FEPS circuit remains active in everything I have been able to check. The ECM/PCM doesn't seem to mind the extra voltage on that line after you have initiated a read or write. I am not sure if it just needs to get a "trigger" to say "all is ok" or if it actually uses this voltage.
Anyway, saying Hello
-
decipha
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:03 pm
- cars: too many
- Location: New Orleans, LA
Re: Newbie , is it possible to make bench harness Ford?
In-Tech wrote:Is there a quick tutorial on getting started with EEC-V? Communication first obviously, then a .bin editor/software. Freeware is nice but cheapware is fine with me too. I ain't skeert
http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm
I created the free DIY custom tuning support with my own custom code for the eec-iv and eec-v. Not to toot my own horn but because of that TunerPro RT using the Moates QuarterHorse is the most advanced tuning platform for the eec-iv and eec-v and is FAR SUPERIOR than anything else. No other software is even remotely close. And best of all its free.
Enjoy
Decipha @ EFIDynoTuning