Turning on E67 Discrete inputs

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
koolky
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2025 4:19 am

Re: Turning on E67 Discrete inputs

Post by koolky »

I think I'm going to give up (for now) on digging through the E67 ECM looking for an AC request pin. I’m realizing that time would be better spent figuring out a BCM that can handle everything I need — especially since it looks like I’ll need one regardless, just to control the reverse lights.

Tonight, I tried a BCM from a 2014 Express (E38/T43 setup), but it didn’t receive the backup light request from my 2008 T43.

The BCM part number is 84922494 — it is CAN, used in a VE Commodore (Rockauto lists it for 08-09 G8 here)
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Turning on E67 Discrete inputs

Post by AngelMarc »

There's not an external range switch of any kind you can hook a relay up to for reverse lights?
I'd be doing whatever i could to not need CAN for all the dumbest little shit.
R6822774-01.webp
And a relay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't stress specific units.
MPC001
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Turning on E67 Discrete inputs

Post by MPC001 »

AngelMarc wrote: Sat Oct 11, 2025 4:02 am There's not an external range switch of any kind you can hook a relay up to for reverse lights?
I'd be doing whatever i could to not need CAN for all the dumbest little shit.

R6822774-01.webp
And a relay.
Yes certainly straight forward & reliable. Have used this for backup lights & PN line to interlock the starter.