TX3 project
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: TX3 project
Good to know you have that as a backup plan if you cant get a signal that works for the 6+1 in the space provided, too.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Vrv8hz
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm
-
Vrv8hz
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm
Re: TX3 project
New old stock 1927a module arrived today from the US. Ran it with power and signal from the crank 6+1 while the camira dizzy was still connected. Good spark across both coils. Then i tried the previous 1927a, definitely faulty only triggering one of two coils.
Then I ran the spark leads to the new 1927a and It ran smooth on 10degrees with the dizzy still talking to the ecu for fuel.
Then I ran the spark leads to the new 1927a and It ran smooth on 10degrees with the dizzy still talking to the ecu for fuel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Vrv8hz
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm
Re: TX3 project
Got back into working on the TX3. One of the jobs that I wanted to take a look at was the speed signal to the ecu. As I'm using a 082 ecm I needed to find a hall effect signal and unlike the VL the TX3 does not seem to have a factory sensor.
I looked at some different types of automotive speed sensors online and even the possibility of incorporating a small gearbox to give me a way to drive a sensor.
I ended up finding a sensor that fits 80 series cruisers as well as many others, it appeared to have an offset that might allow me to pass a speedo cable through the sensor and on to the mechanical gauge.
So that's what I have done.
Had the car up on stands tonight and both mechanical and digital outputs are working. I will need to take it for a drive and likely calibrate the ppk.
Bit of playing around and about $30 bucks.
I looked at some different types of automotive speed sensors online and even the possibility of incorporating a small gearbox to give me a way to drive a sensor.
I ended up finding a sensor that fits 80 series cruisers as well as many others, it appeared to have an offset that might allow me to pass a speedo cable through the sensor and on to the mechanical gauge.
So that's what I have done.
Had the car up on stands tonight and both mechanical and digital outputs are working. I will need to take it for a drive and likely calibrate the ppk.
Bit of playing around and about $30 bucks.
-
Vrv8hz
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm
-
Vrv8hz
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm
Re: TX3 project
Got a case printed up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.