What sort of running temps are you seeing with that thermostat fitted?Wade wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2024 2:15 pm Banged a welsh plug into the egr opening. The mace tb actually fits pretty good. Also fitted a mace 82c thermostat and drilled a small hole through it just to help with bleeding a little further.
Vy commodore
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vy commodore
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Use to sit on around half and now sits on around a quarter on the dash. But in the logs it’s doing as advertised, went from around 90c to 80c I think. Also lower fans temps in tune by around 10c just before I fitted it. I’ve actually been testing a few things from mace, just not posting it all up.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vy commodore
I've been having issues with 82° thermostats, I've tried 4 different ones now and they all run cooler than advertised.
Sometimes when just cruising I'm seeing temps drop to 77°C.
Sometimes when just cruising I'm seeing temps drop to 77°C.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
I posted up logs before. First log is stock tune when I first tested the new code then I chucked a base tune in. So should be able to see actual temps in those logs.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
I was having some issues with the cooling system when I first got the car back from the father-in law. Kept blowing bottom rad hose off. So I went through and completely overhauled the system after it was boiling when trying to bleed it. Still didn’t fix both issues, so o lowered fan temps in tune, and that stopped it from boiling when bleeding. Then replaced the oem alligator style rad hose clip and all seems fixed. Then done the mace thermostat just as an extra
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Now only thing in the cooling system that isn’t new is the radiator. But I’m pretty sure they crack the end tanks before they block up
. I thought I’d done head gasket before it all began lol
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vy commodore
I had the same problem bleeding a stock VT, took me a while to remember the thermofan didn't come on till 104°C. Really don't know why Holden allowed em to get that hot when it has a 91°C thermostat in them.Wade wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2025 11:13 am I was having some issues with the cooling system when I first got the car back from the father-in law. Kept blowing bottom rad hose off. So I went through and completely overhauled the system after it was boiling when trying to bleed it. Still didn’t fix both issues, so o lowered fan temps in tune, and that stopped it from boiling when bleeding. Then replaced the oem alligator style rad hose clip and all seems fixed. Then done the mace thermostat just as an extra
Been playing with a BMW, they have a temp sensor in the lower radiator hose that drive the PWM thermofan, once the engine is up to temp it really never moves as the thermofan is always ensuring there is a delta between the radiator inlet/outlet to ensure the engine temperature is constant.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Mace cai installed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Old Data Log Of Mace TB & Spacers. Spacer are no longer on the car, as they don't clear the oem strut brace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
New data log with mace cai
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.