Well, the end-goal would be to have an XDF or A2L to be able to open it inside tunerpro.
However, the immediate issues with the file are a couple things:
The speed limit was raised from stock, but I'm still hitting a limiter at 145mph I believe (it was either 135 or 145, at that speed I tend to watch the road)
I know that in some of my older cars, ie a former 01 Trans Am I had would only raise the limiter and could not remove it. So in that car I had maxed the limiter at 175mph. I would presume it would be similar situation for safety and not have people going 200. So I'm hoping I can push it to 165 or 175 (for off-road, racetrack use only of course).
The other is DTC's for the Start/Stop system, which doesnt work anyway due to faulty capacitor. Its just an annoyance having to clear them before driving, because for whatever reason it does slightly affect gas mileage if I don't clear them. All DTC's are in the same category: P 1068 , and there's a 105D, 105B, 106B, etc. Most scanners incorrectly look them up as oil or cam solenoids, but in the GM book they all show up as Start Stop system errors: Temp. Received from unit unplausible, XYZ Reading from StartStop system is incorrect. No affect on the car other than a couple mpg.
I believe those are the only immediate things I would fix if I was able. Otherwise, just looking to build my own definition for this particular ECU so I can tinker with my car. Got a large collection of software and packs, just slow going translating the 2016 Opel Corsa 1.6T E80 mappack (which is like 60MB(also have XML format 113MB and MOT i think 113MB)) and cross reference it to the much smaller 6MB BIN, and even when I finally might get done, I'm sure there will be some errors somewhere. But some progress is better than no progress at all.
Any input/help is always appreciated. I am happy to share data, but most are so big and so many, could not post here but can send via google or something.
ULink NT & 2 byte Seed/Key ECU unlock
-
qrunchi
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:01 pm
- cars: 2016 Cadillac ATS 2.0T (Alpha platform with LTG engine) , 2005 Nissan Altima 2/.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: ULink NT & 2 byte Seed/Key ECU unlock
I believe universal patcher has the dtc's and speed limit for your vehicle figured out.
There is also a switch for speed limit controlled by other module or ECM.. below is switched to ECM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
qrunchi
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:01 pm
- cars: 2016 Cadillac ATS 2.0T (Alpha platform with LTG engine) , 2005 Nissan Altima 2/.
Re: ULink NT & 2 byte Seed/Key ECU unlock
I will try this out this weekend.
I didn't know Universal Patcher had the ability to do that on somethin so recent. I have been using UP to correct the checksums of all my files before flashing them back and have corrected some with it, so it was already invaluable.
I will explore the newest version and check out the DTC's for it.
If anything really relevant comes about I'll post it. Otherwise, can't do top speed attempts every day. So it may be a bit before I can test that aspect. A lot of factors have to be right to get that wonderful safe empty long run of road in good weather..... or if really really lucky, on rare occasion, can get the local airport to allow use of the runway (which happens to be full size for aircraft maintenance done here).
Thank you for the data
I didn't know Universal Patcher had the ability to do that on somethin so recent. I have been using UP to correct the checksums of all my files before flashing them back and have corrected some with it, so it was already invaluable.
I will explore the newest version and check out the DTC's for it.
If anything really relevant comes about I'll post it. Otherwise, can't do top speed attempts every day. So it may be a bit before I can test that aspect. A lot of factors have to be right to get that wonderful safe empty long run of road in good weather..... or if really really lucky, on rare occasion, can get the local airport to allow use of the runway (which happens to be full size for aircraft maintenance done here).
Thank you for the data
-
qrunchi
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:01 pm
- cars: 2016 Cadillac ATS 2.0T (Alpha platform with LTG engine) , 2005 Nissan Altima 2/.
Re: ULink NT & 2 byte Seed/Key ECU unlock
...and I will post results on the speed controller by ECM versus otherwise. Because, I for a fact know I set the BCM/Instrument Cluster control modules for proper speed and rating on the tires to reach 175. GDS2 will actually give you the option for that when you are re-programming the BCM and speedo using GM's tools.
So that makes me very curious about which side I'm hitting the limiter from..... because technically it shouldn't have been stopped by at least the BCM and IP modules. Could be the FPCM I suppose. But that runs on a separate circuit -> ECU -> ABS -> FPCM -> ECU
but gives me some ground to work with as far as finding out...
So that makes me very curious about which side I'm hitting the limiter from..... because technically it shouldn't have been stopped by at least the BCM and IP modules. Could be the FPCM I suppose. But that runs on a separate circuit -> ECU -> ABS -> FPCM -> ECU
but gives me some ground to work with as far as finding out...
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: ULink NT & 2 byte Seed/Key ECU unlock
It is likely ABS request it. Just configure pcm to be the limit master and you are set.
Here are some file for Universal patcher, not sure they are released yet. It finds some tables for e80.
extract to xml folder, overwriting previous versions.
Do you mind sharing some files, we have some tools to speed up porting of tables and converting ols files that are not widely known.
Here are some file for Universal patcher, not sure they are released yet. It finds some tables for e80.
extract to xml folder, overwriting previous versions.
Do you mind sharing some files, we have some tools to speed up porting of tables and converting ols files that are not widely known.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: ULink NT & 2 byte Seed/Key ECU unlock
qrunchi,
do you have boost pressure displayed on dash, I am trying to find config for that, but still have no clue is it hardcoded or configurable,
It will be nice to know if that OS have that configured and data is streamed to dash.
do you have boost pressure displayed on dash, I am trying to find config for that, but still have no clue is it hardcoded or configurable,
It will be nice to know if that OS have that configured and data is streamed to dash.
-
qrunchi
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:01 pm
- cars: 2016 Cadillac ATS 2.0T (Alpha platform with LTG engine) , 2005 Nissan Altima 2/.
Re: ULink NT & 2 byte Seed/Key ECU unlock
Update thus far:
I have not yet road-tested anything. I am currently looking at what Ironduke sent me and comparing. Plus, using the latest universal patcher files I am carefully exploring the DTCs and can already see I've got carry-over codes from the first replacement ECU I had acquired (which specifically could not read or control boost, works otherwise) before I obtained my current (3rd overall) ECU. (if curious, the original ecu had a wire come off during a flash and its a paper-weight until I can remove the cover without damaging it to access pads to recover it).
So with what has been submitted so far, it kind of pushed me over the hump where I was stuck, and I am eagerly examining all the new data points.
kuro - your first question about the boost pressure display on the dash: Yes, mine has the option for displaying boost pressure on the I/P. But when the BIN was created, I have no memory of what 3 displays I had chosen at that time. I would think that would be controlled via the I/P control module? Or at the very least, the I/P module goes directly to the AC control module and Radio control module and BCM and of course, ECU. My car always had that feature "On" since I bought it. You get your Tach and Speedo, Fuel, Temp stuff, then on the bottom, 3 LCD screens that are customizable (or 1 LCD w/3 sections) and you can put as Speed, Fuel, Tire Pressures, Oil Life, Trip Counter, Trip Timer, Trip Counter 2, Compass Arrow, Next Turn GPS Arrow, Radio Station Display Controls, Speed Warning Alarm, Boost Pressure, Manual Gear Display, and Blank. at least I think that's all of them.
I question the accuracy of the boost gauge from factory.... It detects something, but as far as accurate psi I doubt it. When I replaced my factory diverter valve with the GFB one, I did notice pressure would hold rather than starting high and dropping off. But its probably more suited for a toggle of "yes, you're boosting" or "no, you're not boosting" lol
The only other thing I can tell you about it, after looking though the files I obtained from SPS2 and a package I received when I entered the GM Developer educational program, is that the panel is running a version of Linux (I have some source code from the cadillac and also a colorado) and they kept it until at least 20 maybe 21/22? I know at present, they are using android across their infotainment and instrument panel systems. I have been interested somewhat in customizing the graphics and words etc at some point, but it was never a priority. Plus all those options have always been available to me, I never had to change anything to use them.
As far as OLS files: you would have to be kind of specific. It's not like I have a few MB of files that I can post. Its more like, I have one of those advertised "super map pack"
--**PC crashed while typing this**--
anyway, there is about 20 plus gigabytes of various makes and models files. Or did you want specifically the E80 OLS pack?
I have not yet road-tested anything. I am currently looking at what Ironduke sent me and comparing. Plus, using the latest universal patcher files I am carefully exploring the DTCs and can already see I've got carry-over codes from the first replacement ECU I had acquired (which specifically could not read or control boost, works otherwise) before I obtained my current (3rd overall) ECU. (if curious, the original ecu had a wire come off during a flash and its a paper-weight until I can remove the cover without damaging it to access pads to recover it).
So with what has been submitted so far, it kind of pushed me over the hump where I was stuck, and I am eagerly examining all the new data points.
kuro - your first question about the boost pressure display on the dash: Yes, mine has the option for displaying boost pressure on the I/P. But when the BIN was created, I have no memory of what 3 displays I had chosen at that time. I would think that would be controlled via the I/P control module? Or at the very least, the I/P module goes directly to the AC control module and Radio control module and BCM and of course, ECU. My car always had that feature "On" since I bought it. You get your Tach and Speedo, Fuel, Temp stuff, then on the bottom, 3 LCD screens that are customizable (or 1 LCD w/3 sections) and you can put as Speed, Fuel, Tire Pressures, Oil Life, Trip Counter, Trip Timer, Trip Counter 2, Compass Arrow, Next Turn GPS Arrow, Radio Station Display Controls, Speed Warning Alarm, Boost Pressure, Manual Gear Display, and Blank. at least I think that's all of them.
I question the accuracy of the boost gauge from factory.... It detects something, but as far as accurate psi I doubt it. When I replaced my factory diverter valve with the GFB one, I did notice pressure would hold rather than starting high and dropping off. But its probably more suited for a toggle of "yes, you're boosting" or "no, you're not boosting" lol
The only other thing I can tell you about it, after looking though the files I obtained from SPS2 and a package I received when I entered the GM Developer educational program, is that the panel is running a version of Linux (I have some source code from the cadillac and also a colorado) and they kept it until at least 20 maybe 21/22? I know at present, they are using android across their infotainment and instrument panel systems. I have been interested somewhat in customizing the graphics and words etc at some point, but it was never a priority. Plus all those options have always been available to me, I never had to change anything to use them.
As far as OLS files: you would have to be kind of specific. It's not like I have a few MB of files that I can post. Its more like, I have one of those advertised "super map pack"
--**PC crashed while typing this**--
anyway, there is about 20 plus gigabytes of various makes and models files. Or did you want specifically the E80 OLS pack?
-
qrunchi
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:01 pm
- cars: 2016 Cadillac ATS 2.0T (Alpha platform with LTG engine) , 2005 Nissan Altima 2/.
Re: ULink NT & 2 byte Seed/Key ECU unlock
kudos on the new version of universal patcher btw....
I had the older one, but the new one opens a lot of tables on my file, including all those DTCs so I can properly sort them out.
I had the older one, but the new one opens a lot of tables on my file, including all those DTCs so I can properly sort them out.