VN 808 ECU with Kalmaker
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VN 808 ECU with Kalmaker
Yep. That is our recommendation to everyone even though many people leave the nvram in the car, and/or don't want to buy the programmer. That can be OK, but especially since you have the memcal right there its a good insurance policy and is the better way to do it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
creesy
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:00 am
- cars: VN SS T5
Re: VN 808 ECU with Kalmaker
Thanks Antus really helped me out. I've ordered a programmer like the one you sent. And have contacted Gareth.
Yeh its a great point because I'm a novice having never tuned a car I need to be able to use the current tune if I can't get the car running right.
Honestly I'm most interested in being able to log data ans see what the sensors are doing etc. Because my current tune is pretty good. I don't think I'd be able to make it run any better than electronic automotive who tuned it for me 2 years ago
Yeh its a great point because I'm a novice having never tuned a car I need to be able to use the current tune if I can't get the car running right.
Honestly I'm most interested in being able to log data ans see what the sensors are doing etc. Because my current tune is pretty good. I don't think I'd be able to make it run any better than electronic automotive who tuned it for me 2 years ago