AngelMarc wrote: Fri Sep 19, 2025 2:00 pm
It's a picture I found with google image search.
Okie yes. I think I now recall seeing it on EFILive forum at some point.
Seems accurate compared to a 58x reluctor wheel which seems to have a mark/space ratio of something like 0.8:1. I must get the calipers on one sometime. Good chance it's an actual operating pair of traces.
Unless you know that graph uses the same sensor your ECU does, there will be differences to your simulation. Can't solve all that with calipers and measuring the wheel or the graph.
AngelMarc wrote: Sat Sep 20, 2025 11:35 pm
Could always do what some people have done and mount the wheel to an electric motor.
Not that obsessive. And when I think about it, less than 1% crank Jitter from a microcontroller is still probably much better than the stroke to stroke variation in crank speed in a running engine.
AngelMarc wrote: Sat Sep 20, 2025 9:03 pm
Unless you know that graph uses the same sensor your ECU does, there will be differences to your simulation. Can't solve all that with calipers and measuring the wheel or the graph.
Still for simulation the phasing & possibly mark/space effect on edge timing, is important.
Sim feeds crk n cam inputs on 58x/24x ECM's so that's the measure.
Last edited by MPC001 on Sun Sep 21, 2025 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.