Stepper motor settings & Idle target rpm
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Stepper motor settings & Idle target rpm
Ok that makes sense but where can I see what it’s actually at? I’ve found where to set it but can’t see an actual reading. Cheers
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: Stepper motor settings & Idle target rpm
You see it via the live data coming from ECU. EG. Data acquisition in tunerpro with the correct ADX.
Don't change anything in the bin related to it yet with the XDF. You shouldn't need to.
You set the idle steps by mechanically moving the throttle stop screw. Not in software.
Don't change anything in the bin related to it yet with the XDF. You shouldn't need to.
You set the idle steps by mechanically moving the throttle stop screw. Not in software.
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Stepper motor settings & Idle target rpm
Ok that makes sense any idea what it’s called I’ve been watching the gauges whilst it runs didn’t notice anything to do with stepper motor or iac but I’ll have another look. Yeah ok thanks that makes sense
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Stepper motor settings & Idle target rpm
here...
This is not a well running tune, just the last one I had open in tunerpro to show where to look for the steps. Its also on lists along side all of the other data, or it'd be possible to add it to a monitor but for setting this you really just need the current value, not in the context on time and other data too which is normally why you would use the monitors. This screen shot actually shows an air leak in the intake manifold because I had it open to get to the injectors to replace them (its a 2 piece manifold on this car) and now the IAC steps is at 0 yet the idle RPM is higher than the desired idle RPM meaning its closed off as much air as it can and still too much is getting in past the throttle body blade.
This is not a well running tune, just the last one I had open in tunerpro to show where to look for the steps. Its also on lists along side all of the other data, or it'd be possible to add it to a monitor but for setting this you really just need the current value, not in the context on time and other data too which is normally why you would use the monitors. This screen shot actually shows an air leak in the intake manifold because I had it open to get to the injectors to replace them (its a 2 piece manifold on this car) and now the IAC steps is at 0 yet the idle RPM is higher than the desired idle RPM meaning its closed off as much air as it can and still too much is getting in past the throttle body blade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Asho88
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
- cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.
Re: Stepper motor settings & Idle target rpm
Thanks for that I was at work when I replied came home and had a look seen it straight away I wasn’t looking for it because I thought it would be something you change on the pc rather then mechanical adjustment. Helps knowing how it works lol. Cheers