BLM AKA long term fuel trim

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Asho88
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.

Re: BLM AKA long term fuel trim

Post by Asho88 »

I was just looking to compare the A/f that the engine is running at in the log vs what it’s targeting. Could I grab a link to the comparison table mentioned in the how to I can find it on here. Cheers
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: BLM AKA long term fuel trim

Post by antus »

Ive not used the guide, but I just opened it to try and understand the question. I see 3 histograms mentioned and they are all there in the 12P ADX, when you look at the histograms. I don't think there is anything else. I still use monitor view and overlay target afr and wideband afr (making sure the scale is the same) and sometimes overlay CalcVE myself.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Asho88
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.

Re: BLM AKA long term fuel trim

Post by Asho88 »

I may be misunderstanding what he’s saying. When I last tuned I did a comparison of the difference between target AFR and actual AFR cell by cell and that was a painful though looking through my current log I can only see to 2 really spots so far which I think might be AE enrichment as it’s just one cell and I believe it’s happening when I put the foot into it can hear it miss and the log is showing super rich.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: BLM AKA long term fuel trim

Post by antus »

Ahh I see thankyou. I read the text and did some searching and found it here: viewtopic.php?p=73155#p73155
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Asho88
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2024 5:32 am
cars: Vh Commodore 253 looking to convert to fuel injection.

Re: BLM AKA long term fuel trim

Post by Asho88 »

Awesome thank you. Will have a look and see if I can figure it out when I get a moment much appreciated.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: BLM AKA long term fuel trim

Post by vlad01 »

Regarding the BLMs, If this is 12P, BLMs with the default settings do not work. None of the factory cars prior to VS have functional BLMs I found. The Km/h reference default setting appears to be broken, to get the BLMs to work you need to switch to RPM reference.

With tuning using BLMs, I think they use a % of the VE? So if the BLM is say settled on 104, then it is compensating by adding 4% to the fueling. So if it is the VE, one could just subtract 4% to the corresponding area on the VE table, how to tell which BLM is where?, not sure but one can just watch the trace over the VE table while noting the BLM value.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: BLM AKA long term fuel trim

Post by antus »

Yep thats how you do it, with a histogram. The BLM table is much much lower resolution than the VE, but you can scale and smooth it. It's something if you don't have a wideband, but using wideband data is much better than BLMs, both because of the higher resolution of the input data as well as the wider range of the sensor versus just a narrowband o2.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396