Had to go out and get a new USB memory stick as I just couldn't find any around the house.
Used the Windows 11 reset function and we are back up and running again. Still a PITA, now need to go through and re-install software and settings etc.
ASUS laptop Win11 lost wifi
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
Re: ASUS laptop Win11 lost wifi
Hi all;
Back in the days of Win XP, I used Norton Ghost to create an image of my system after getting everything installed.
Anything happen to the machine, it to about 30 minutes to restore to as-new!
Unfortunately, Ghost really no longer existi, AND with really LARGE hard drives, it isn't really a viable solution anyway.
Mike
Back in the days of Win XP, I used Norton Ghost to create an image of my system after getting everything installed.
Anything happen to the machine, it to about 30 minutes to restore to as-new!
Unfortunately, Ghost really no longer existi, AND with really LARGE hard drives, it isn't really a viable solution anyway.
Mike
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: ASUS laptop Win11 lost wifi
Windows used to have restore points and built in backup (you could use a dedicated drive, to a file or DVD/Blue ray), but I have not seen the backup option since win 7 and I think the restore points disappeared in win 10 towards the end. I never saw it on my laptop with 11, otherwise I would have used it. The startup recovery options are also completely useless for the most part as well, mine didn't even have the option of "reinstall windows and keep user files" that pretty much all windows versions had since like win 2k iirc.