PcmHammer on Linux
-
softwarejanitor
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2026 11:49 pm
- cars: C6 Corvette, Silverado 1500, Colorado, C4 Corvette, C3 Corvette
Re: PcmHammer on Linux
Where can I download the source code? I've been trying to run PcmHammer on Linux using Wine and it never recognizes the serial port even though I've tried everything to make sure Wine is pointing /dev/ttyACM0 to COM1. I'd much rather have a native Linux version anyway and I've got a lot of development experience so I might be able to contribute to the project.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PcmHammer on Linux
The project is here: https://github.com/PcmHammer/PcmHammer
There is a CLI version, and most of the heavy lifting is in PCM Library. Getting the CLI version working on Linux is probably the best place to start.
Note that there are UNO windows builds there. They are less tested and not ready for prime time as pcmlibrary and the winforms and cli have had more work lately but note that one of the targets is android which may help or may get in the way. You'd need to make the right decisions about serial layer abstraction to ensure all UI options keep working on all platforms without overly complicating the internal APIs.
It sounds good, I'd like to see Linux too. Good luck! Any questions ask here.
There is a CLI version, and most of the heavy lifting is in PCM Library. Getting the CLI version working on Linux is probably the best place to start.
Note that there are UNO windows builds there. They are less tested and not ready for prime time as pcmlibrary and the winforms and cli have had more work lately but note that one of the targets is android which may help or may get in the way. You'd need to make the right decisions about serial layer abstraction to ensure all UI options keep working on all platforms without overly complicating the internal APIs.
It sounds good, I'd like to see Linux too. Good luck! Any questions ask here.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: PcmHammer on Linux
This is largely AI generated. Wasn't fast, but way faster than without. Did it in little chunks.modzer321 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2026 6:52 am Never heard of this before, but where have you seen it? I’m curious.
viewtopic.php?t=8910
Don't stress specific units.
-
softwarejanitor
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2026 11:49 pm
- cars: C6 Corvette, Silverado 1500, Colorado, C4 Corvette, C3 Corvette
Re: PcmHammer on Linux
I had already cloned that Git repository, but I was hoping to get the C++ code that was mentioned earlier in the thread so if I want to work on it I don't have to re-create the wheel any more than necessary when it comes to making it run on non-Windows platforms. I don't have Windows at all so if something won't run on Wine it is a pain to deal with.antus wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2026 10:11 pm The project is here: https://github.com/PcmHammer/PcmHammer
There is a CLI version, and most of the heavy lifting is in PCM Library. Getting the CLI version working on Linux is probably the best place to start.
Note that there are UNO windows builds there. They are less tested and not ready for prime time as pcmlibrary and the winforms and cli have had more work lately but note that one of the targets is android which may help or may get in the way. You'd need to make the right decisions about serial layer abstraction to ensure all UI options keep working on all platforms without overly complicating the internal APIs.
It sounds good, I'd like to see Linux too. Good luck! Any questions ask here.