Why did VL400 use x/10 for all the wideband equations in 12P
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Why did VL400 use x/10 for all the wideband equations in 12P
Yea that's the go. I did find the specs for the wideband but it is supposed to be accurate between 0.5 volts to 4,5 volts and outside that it says sensor error so I guess it's as you say tweaking the only dilemma is the Chinese wideband. Is that accurate? Anyway I have a LM2 I can use with a genuine Bosch sensor to do a comparison. Hopefully my new eprom reader will arrive soon and I can get back to making bin changes.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Why did VL400 use x/10 for all the wideband equations in 12P
the challenge is there are only 2 reference points, so you need to draw straight through them to figure out what to put at 0v and 5v so that a straight line would cross the vendor supplied 0.5 and 4.5 volts and then it should be accurate at any AFR within its range. And that is what we were talking about above.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Why did VL400 use x/10 for all the wideband equations in 12P
I do understand that and going off the chart for that wideband I could see that every 0.5volt was linear with a change of 1.19 afr so I just added that to each end to equate to 0-5 so I will start there and see what reading I get.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Why did VL400 use x/10 for all the wideband equations in 12P
just on the ADX .... you can change the high and low values, that only changes what numbers you see on the monitor screen ... but thats purely display, as long as you dont fuck with the equation it should be fine.
i normally make the wideband and the target afr have the same values, then when you plot them together on the same monitor window you can easily see if the wideband is following the target accurately or not.
i normally make the wideband and the target afr have the same values, then when you plot them together on the same monitor window you can easily see if the wideband is following the target accurately or not.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread