Injector Questions for Buick V6 in a VP commodore

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Injector Questions for Buick V6 in a VP commodore

Post by vlad01 »

Pretty much.

There is one listing for L67 injectors at 550 bucks or so, they could be genuine units at that price, but hard to know without seeing the genuine Bosch boxes they are meant to be in instead of the same thumbnail as every other listing of L67 injectors on there.

I know when I got Gareth to track down a set of genuine 968s, they were around that 90 bucks each and came in a box with a code (QR as well) that you could go to a Bosch website and enter to verify the part and it's serial number would be spit out iirc, and that all matched up for all 6. Kinda like a two factor authentication before it was a thing on everything we do now.

The1 ran those up and gave me the data print out. I have those for my special one day project knowing one day I might not have access to injectors I need or the ability for data to be generated. I guess I banked well on that gut feeling, you can still get those genuine, but The1 not doing the data anymore limits options for other injectors not yet tested as well as future ones possibly.

Hopefully, one day, injectors might actually come with the data in the box, one can only hope at least.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Injector Questions for Buick V6 in a VP commodore

Post by antus »

from what I learned when I was looking at injectors the data changes depending on the PCM it's in. So there is never one true perfect set of data for everything. Different mosfets, different ways of working in the PCM affect it. The1's data was accurate for Delco as he was basing his data on pulses generated from a delco of the same era, but it is unlikely we'll ever see perfect data for all applications come from a manufacturer. Having some data still helps get in the ball park, it is just that it wont be perfect and might still need to be tuned once you have them up and running if you can benchmark them somehow and do so. I think that's why the siemens dekka numbers that a member came up with on an '808 worked so well for everyone here, despite being different to what was commonly quoted as 'the data' out there.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Injector Questions for Buick V6 in a VP commodore

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah he found a huge delay difference between 808 and ecotec ecus .the shape of the curve would be correct and should only need the whole table to be raised or lowered to get the data back in line. Same thing happens with link ecus and others the manufacturers data isn't correct for all the different hardware and software delays associated with procressing
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Injector Questions for Buick V6 in a VP commodore

Post by vlad01 »

The1 and I talked about it when he did a few for me, as mine are 808 and his setup was a MAF PCM iirc. I can't recall the difference he said I had to add or sub, was years ago now. But when I just copied the 777s from the enhanced tune to 12P, I didn't notice any issues, but I never looked at it in super fine detail.

Delcowizz, which table are we talking about? the adder or the voltage offset? Or both?
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Injector Questions for Buick V6 in a VP commodore

Post by delcowizzid »

From here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3377&p=48233&hilit ... nch#p48233
Screenshot_20260528_012112_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Injector Questions for Buick V6 in a VP commodore

Post by vlad01 »

Ah yes, that's right. Pretty easy fix then if using later ecotec injectors.