Opinions on a 'mystery tune' VE table

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Opinions on a 'mystery tune' VE table

Post by AngelMarc »

vlad01 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2026 5:01 am ...stock engine?
What I'm told. We sure didn't mod anything.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Opinions on a 'mystery tune' VE table

Post by antus »

AngelMarc wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2026 12:22 pm Where did you get that reference tune?
In a local archive of the old tunefiledepot, I think it was, from a long time back.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
veee8
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 pm
Location: East Coast USA

Re: Opinions on a 'mystery tune' VE table

Post by veee8 »

Here is that file in HPT format that is a little easier to compare. That is an odd duck being a DBW in 2000, strange that someone would mod the VE tables but leave the timing and speed limiter stock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Opinions on a 'mystery tune' VE table

Post by vlad01 »

AngelMarc wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2026 1:12 pm
vlad01 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2026 5:01 am ...stock engine?
What I'm told. We sure didn't mod anything.

Someone probably loaded up some random "performance" tune or otherwise didn't know what they were doing.

This will be why it runs like crap, they've effectively detuned the engine, in a bad way.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Opinions on a 'mystery tune' VE table

Post by antus »

You could always take the VE table from the other bin I posted and put it in that one and see of the problems go away.

But its a MAF tune and MAF calibration is the same, and I don't see any MAF errors masked so I don't think it's a mafless conversion and I wouldn't expect a lot.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Opinions on a 'mystery tune' VE table

Post by AngelMarc »

Customer left pissed off before I finished looking into this.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Opinions on a 'mystery tune' VE table

Post by AngelMarc »

I read this in vehicle with PCMHammer 2 and a Vgate Vlinker FS ($35, meant for Forscan primarily) by the way. Worked first try.
Don't stress specific units.