looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

E38 E92 and many others. Approximately 2007 and newer
fl0wl0w
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:44 pm
cars: L83/8L90 swapped 2013 W204 Mercedes, 1986 LS3 Swapped BMW E30, 1995 LS swapped GMC Truck, Custom Vehicle

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by fl0wl0w »

E78
Serial: 86AB7RK15282CMQZ
Shadow: A8FD4F808CCE1B96

E92
Serial: 11141570131173RE
Shadow: 0D5F779698C75177
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by antus »

I am interested in the E92 since mine just bricked attempting to use a modified and experimental bin. If anyone has more samples to share please do so, here or in private.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
morfi
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2025 7:17 pm
cars: Insignia 2014

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by morfi »

The E92's pairs are hard to get..
Image
Image
Image
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by gmtech825 »

morfi wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2026 12:57 pm The E92's pairs are hard to get..
Hard to get the values or hard to figure out the algo?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by antus »

I bricked my first E92 before I learned the need to have the shadow password for JTAG access or bootloader recovery. Now I believe you can just read them out of RAM if the PCM is booted and running. I have another E92 on the way, and I know another forum member does too. So I'll experiment with this and see if I can get pcmhammer to read it out of RAM and display it after unlock. If so, that'll mean we have 2 more samples. But it takes a few weeks to get them from the states to this part of the world.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
morfi
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2025 7:17 pm
cars: Insignia 2014

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by morfi »

gmtech825 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2026 2:13 pm
morfi wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2026 12:57 pm The E92's pairs are hard to get..
Hard to get the values or hard to figure out the algo?
both. When I was creating the calculator, most of my pairs I got from YT videos, but E92 is almost non-existent there.

The only 3 pairs I have though look as if they are one way functions (similar to E82) and thus it may be impossible to derive the algorithm without sample of hundreds of pairs.
Image
Image
Image
fl0wl0w
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:44 pm
cars: L83/8L90 swapped 2013 W204 Mercedes, 1986 LS3 Swapped BMW E30, 1995 LS swapped GMC Truck, Custom Vehicle

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by fl0wl0w »

Here is another E78

Serial: 86ACFJK28017E5XV
Shadow: 97AD7D1A8D14929D
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by kur4o »

I got on hand 2 e78, will need some instructions how to read the shadow area.
fl0wl0w
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:44 pm
cars: L83/8L90 swapped 2013 W204 Mercedes, 1986 LS3 Swapped BMW E30, 1995 LS swapped GMC Truck, Custom Vehicle

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by fl0wl0w »

kur4o wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2026 8:13 am I got on hand 2 e78, will need some instructions how to read the shadow area.
What flashing tools do you have available. I am using IOTerminal which has a handy Read Shadow Flash button that reads out the password. I think antus is working on adding the read shadow password function to PCMHammer, but I think he is focused on E92 at the moment.
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: looking for your shadow passwords (E84 and more)

Post by kur4o »

I have some custom modified programs, that can read e78 using 4 bytes address, should be good for dumping ram and any other addresses, if code doesn`t crash. No IO terminal, just need to know the address of shadow and if it is locked or unlocked for reading, If it is stored somewhere in RAM that might help too.