253 V8 carby selection
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
To add to the above, It's a shaft support that becomes a bearing when the clutch is disengaged.'quipt4it wrote:The bush doesn't seem to be contacting the shaft at all. Remember a bush is 'similar' in it's application to a bearing.
Currently the Pilot Bearing (the bush) is in the smaller hole in the crank, accurately measure the larger hole (closer to the trans), accurately measure the Input Shaft nose ...
Take both those numbers to your local supply house and have them start digging, you can also search online ... I'll bet dollars to dog turds there is one already made to those sizes for something, you just need to find it.
You might even be able to find a real bearing of those dimensions ...
Or like someone suggested, have it made ... I suggest if you have it made, take both the motor and trans to the machine shop so they can fit it proper using as much of the machined nose of the input shaft as possible within reason.
Remember the more the surface area the longer it will last.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Hi Guy's
Thanks for the replies
"Just noticed you have the 'later' style W series trans. with the steel sandwich plate. Cleaned up nice BTW" Took me 2 hours to cleanup with steel wool and 2 cans of de-greaser
the box may have had some work done at some stage you can see it's been split apart they used the orange gasket/sealer stuff.
I noticed there was a big gap there also it will go in a bit further and straighter I don't have correct bolts between housing and block. Not sure I have the right tool to measure the gap. But from the measurements "The O.D. is 27.8 mm (standard Holden) and the I.D. is 12 mm for the Celica gearbox" this one would have to be right? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262346837576 looking at the measurements and part description?
Thanks for the replies
"Just noticed you have the 'later' style W series trans. with the steel sandwich plate. Cleaned up nice BTW" Took me 2 hours to cleanup with steel wool and 2 cans of de-greaser
I noticed there was a big gap there also it will go in a bit further and straighter I don't have correct bolts between housing and block. Not sure I have the right tool to measure the gap. But from the measurements "The O.D. is 27.8 mm (standard Holden) and the I.D. is 12 mm for the Celica gearbox" this one would have to be right? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262346837576 looking at the measurements and part description?
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Ah ha I got you now
will do!
"You can also use a straight edge on both engine block and bellhousing to calculate the distance the shaft enters the bush"
"You can also use a straight edge on both engine block and bellhousing to calculate the distance the shaft enters the bush"
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
ok here we go, this is very confusing
Shaft for belhousing around 8MM Block to crank very back (round ring bit afer crank bolt holes) 26MM hard to hold everything strait! back of crank to bush inside 13MM So would it be in 21MM
my brain just isn't working today!
(to many beers with Son last night!)
Shaft for belhousing around 8MM Block to crank very back (round ring bit afer crank bolt holes) 26MM hard to hold everything strait! back of crank to bush inside 13MM So would it be in 21MM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I will order the Dellow bush and get correct bolts for belhousing and take some more pictures next weekend if the parts arrive by then. In the ad for the Dellow bushing no mention of length are they all stock length? The ad said it's the one so I guess we will see
my measurements could be off a little as I had to hold all the stuff and take pictures myself.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.