VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins
-
3.8TheeWorld
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2025 8:27 am
- cars: Ls1 Tonner
v6 Eco Tonner
Vr Buick Wagon
Re: VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins
Hey guys i have been following these forums for a couple years but have never made a post - Recently got my vy v6 One Tonner burnout car out for its debut comp - pretty happy with how it went. It has Vx-Vy enhanced bin flashed onto it and have been making small changes over the past 6 months or so. Has 82 degree thermostat With lower Thermofans , Pacemaker extractors With straight 2.5 inch Side dumps , old injectors were flogged out so went l67 injectors , Maxed out 1-2 n 2-3 low mode and upped pressures slightly . Holds gears good… And will light up straight to the limiter in first + second … But when its eating limiter in second & i try to put the shifter in third … It won’t shift from 2-3 … until i let of the throttle slightly but then it’s hard to stop it from bogging down but once it’s going it goes … Just does my head in i can’t get it to shift on demand Do youse know if there’s anything i could change to make sure shifts are happening almost instantly ? I need a bloody manual can’t believe i have found myself in an auto lol
Jokes aside it’s still good fun , Maybe it needs a shift kit and i’m happy with how it went for a Debut. Any other tips would be great! (I usually have a lot of mechanical sympathy, but this is the car that’s going to cop it all lol i built it from a rolling shell so i’m keen to throw everything i can at it
)
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins
Ive tried to set this up for a guy before same issue you can get 1st and second but 3rd no dice almost think you'd be better with stock shift tune and just let it shift on it own, mine smacks 3rd in burnout box at drag strip and bloody near goes off clock!.
Look up the diode mod if you want to take over shifting yourself RK Garage has a video from wayback I think showing how it's done. Or put a full manual valvebody shift kit in trans.
Look up the diode mod if you want to take over shifting yourself RK Garage has a video from wayback I think showing how it's done. Or put a full manual valvebody shift kit in trans.
-
lakespeed
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2025 4:34 am
Re: VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins
I have done some searching on the forums but couldnt really find anything concrete. Has anyone been able to expand the rpm limits or table resolutions to enable tuning beyond the 6375 rpm limit in the VY's? I have seen the limits being that its 8bit rev limit. Is that a hard limit or has someone been able to expand this?
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins
6350 is the limit
-
Chr0m3
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
- cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2
Re: VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins
I've experimented with expanding it, but you lose control of spark at like 6500, I did an in depth video on this actually.lakespeed wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2026 12:18 am I have done some searching on the forums but couldnt really find anything concrete. Has anyone been able to expand the rpm limits or table resolutions to enable tuning beyond the 6375 rpm limit in the VY's? I have seen the limits being that its 8bit rev limit. Is that a hard limit or has someone been able to expand this?
https://youtu.be/mxoHSRijWds?si=SioCCp9ilKp5ril8
I also wrote a thread on here about it too:
viewtopic.php?t=8607&hilit=Dwell+limits
-
lakespeed
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2025 4:34 am
Re: VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins
I watched your vid and read through your post in awe haha, incredible work you have done but sadly it’s way out of my skillset to even attempt to replicate. When you say that you lose control, does that mean whatever you set for those upper table regions are not being used properly in the ecu, or the ecu physically cannot manage spark correctly past 6500, even with a removed limiter and no ecu OS changes? I have been weighing up an aggressive cam for my vy rally car but if it’s going to require an aftermarket ecu to tune the upper regions it might become a bit to expensive to botherChr0m3 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 2:35 am
I've experimented with expanding it, but you lose control of spark at like 6500, I did an in depth video on this actually.
https://youtu.be/mxoHSRijWds?si=SioCCp9ilKp5ril8
I also wrote a thread on here about it too:
viewtopic.php?t=8607&hilit=Dwell+limits
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins
If the thought of aftermarket comes up, I'd personally just covert it over to either 424 if your car retains the auto with the need for PCM control, or if you are manual or manualised auto, the 808 is the better option.
Given it's a rally car, loosing a few dash features wouldn't be a problem I'd imagine and this way it's all thoughtfully documented, heavily supported on here and importantly a very cheap option. There are even ecotec base tuned been available here for this conversion since the dawn of time practically.
The 424 with 11P has 7600rpm support, and the 808 with 12P goes all the way to 9600rpm. The 424 does have a better ignition control system that with some hackery can do a sort of sparkcut maybe a two step and has dwell control iirc. The 808 can not control an auto though, but was matched with the T5 from factory or the dumb non electronic auto. It takes the hall sensor for speed anyway, so something to keep in mind. Running a VDO signal converter lets you run any combo you like anyway.
Given it's a rally car, loosing a few dash features wouldn't be a problem I'd imagine and this way it's all thoughtfully documented, heavily supported on here and importantly a very cheap option. There are even ecotec base tuned been available here for this conversion since the dawn of time practically.
The 424 with 11P has 7600rpm support, and the 808 with 12P goes all the way to 9600rpm. The 424 does have a better ignition control system that with some hackery can do a sort of sparkcut maybe a two step and has dwell control iirc. The 808 can not control an auto though, but was matched with the T5 from factory or the dumb non electronic auto. It takes the hall sensor for speed anyway, so something to keep in mind. Running a VDO signal converter lets you run any combo you like anyway.
