Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

I would only be guessing on that. Ive dealt with a fe VR/VS's and they already had that wiring in them. Cruise antenna. Even found a couple with telectric windows pre ran.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I know the VRs alreay have the wiring but I recall with the very 1st VP project which was a series 1 had no wires for those options.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Get a wrecked Calais? Go the level 3 dash, climate all the cool stuff. Then fit the caprice interior lighting overhead console rear speakers.
I did that in a VR years ago. Re welded the rear speaker mounts to suit caprice big ones. Fitted the overhead console fibreglassed to the stock lining, stacker caprice head unit and steering wheel controls. Even found 2 perfect condition rear passenger headphones.
Couldnt be bothered doing it again.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I dont want to add any more weight, thats why I dont go for the luxury models.

Also L2 dashes are my fav.

But I do like electric windows as I can open the windows with my left hand, I only drive with my right hand so manual winders are awkward to use. Cruise control is a very handy thing to have especially on a very touchy throttle.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I went and saw the car today, found an absolute gem! all original, cassete player, garden state plates, original paint as far as I can tell? Super clean interior, no rust in the battery tray.

got it for 2400 and be picking it up tommorw :D

This could not of worked out better. Only has one dent on the plate under the tail light that minor and hasn't even marked the paint so will get that professionally pulled
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

ooooo! so excited! Can't believe how good nick its in. Now all 3 Holdens I got are mint.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Good to hear all things have worked out for the best.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

is this the red car you talked about or a different one ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

IMG_2512_zps1a9klaja.jpg
IMG_2513_zps1yi2k5xg.jpg
Got it!

Goes fantastic. Real grandpa car.

Going in for roadworthy tomorrow, there are few things I know of already but will get them to give me the list so I can do it all at once.

Work called and there whinging expecting me to be working already, seriously? wtf? was lucky not to die and all they care about is that. :rant:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vlad01 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Damn that is straight.

I've not seen once that clean..... ever.

I do miss driving my old VN :(

work is work is work, I learned a long time ago I'm just a number on a payroll and I treat them with about as much respect as they give me........