So had a good look at the paint work and have determined the front and rear bumpers have been blown over once before, the rest is all original.
So thinking when the project officially starts I will get the bumpers done again to computer matched sample (the red is nqr on the bumpers) and also will do the engine bay myself.
No rust in the battery tray so thats a big bonus!
Hard bit will be finding a series 2 white bumper mould strip. You can see its black aftermarket one
Vlad's rides thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
immortality wrote:Damn that is straight.
I've not seen once that clean..... ever.
I do miss driving my old VN
work is work is work, I learned a long time ago I'm just a number on a payroll and I treat them with about as much respect as they give me........
Stupid thing is they know they are absolutely screwed without me being australia's top expert on the machinery I work on.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I'm in the same boat, nobody here can run my machine like I do, nobody knows it like I do but that doesn't seem to mean much.
We've lost senior staff and they have hired idiots on low wages and then the boss just bitches about staff when production suffers.......
We've lost senior staff and they have hired idiots on low wages and then the boss just bitches about staff when production suffers.......
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vlad's rides thread
immortality wrote:I'm in the same boat, nobody here can run my machine like I do, nobody knows it like I do but that doesn't seem to mean much.
We've lost senior staff and they have hired idiots on low wages and then the boss just bitches about staff when production suffers.......
What do you do for a job immortality?
Same with you VLAD?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Smashed on Saturday, replaced on Tuesday.... Holy shit vlad 
Ps. That is one sweet lookin 'red racer'
Ps. That is one sweet lookin 'red racer'
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
That's a realy clean car mate, are you replacing the tinfoil hat with a lawn bowl hat for the parcel shelf ? We'l have to catch up and have a look at it
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Print finishing. A dying trade really.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
nice red VP there bud. original plates too. darn nice.
glad you're OK too man.
common trait for most places to piss off people who know their shit, they leave onto better jobs, then, they hire idiots in their places and wonder why things turn to shit
glad you're OK too man.
common trait for most places to piss off people who know their shit, they leave onto better jobs, then, they hire idiots in their places and wonder why things turn to shit
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Im the tech that looks after the machines that replace your job lol.immortality wrote:Print finishing. A dying trade really.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
on the way home I had a looser honda driver trying to overtake me and show me up from Sunbury all the way to Woodend where I turned off.
Just back and forth sitting next to me haha.
Gay gold wheels and black bonnet
Anyway all snug at home.
As for the bumpers being repainted. I actually found they are only touched up at the corners and sides to cover the scratched and the middles are still untouched. So thats quite remarkable for its age and Ks. it will be very easy to get this to showroom from this point.
this is gold! dealership wallet.
changed the oil, the owner was a Lebanese old guy and his 3 sons. All which had the same shade of red cars. He only had it several months and told me they hadn't changed the oil yet lol.
The oil was old alright, I estimate at least 5 years old or more.
Same state as the VR oil was in when I got it, which was probably 10 years old from the records.
Just back and forth sitting next to me haha.
Gay gold wheels and black bonnet
Anyway all snug at home.
As for the bumpers being repainted. I actually found they are only touched up at the corners and sides to cover the scratched and the middles are still untouched. So thats quite remarkable for its age and Ks. it will be very easy to get this to showroom from this point.
this is gold! dealership wallet.
changed the oil, the owner was a Lebanese old guy and his 3 sons. All which had the same shade of red cars. He only had it several months and told me they hadn't changed the oil yet lol.
The oil was old alright, I estimate at least 5 years old or more.
Same state as the VR oil was in when I got it, which was probably 10 years old from the records.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.