In-Tech wrote:Sorry again for the sidetrack, all our local store crap is absolute junk. Could I get some closer pics of the hose and connections? I'd like to find something similar available here. I always meant to make a nice one with some cool push-lock stuff or something. Sometimes US stuff is incredibly stupid
VP V6 Calais
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
More pics
New boost controller The mig welder I purchased to do the exhaust
New boost controller The mig welder I purchased to do the exhaust
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Before
After
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP V6 Calais
Late 92 -early 93 engine?
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Early 93 rockers late VR engine
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Haven't posted anything for a while, just did a 20k transmission service on the one I built and all looks good, here are some pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP V6 Calais
Looks good. I'm going to get my new daily VP auto built too, so it doesn't shit the bed before 200k like they all do.
Did you replace your valve springs when you did the rockers or are they still stock?
Did you replace your valve springs when you did the rockers or are they still stock?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VP V6 Calais
Just saw this thread. The unimig stuff is good. I have the viper 180.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
You should rebuild it yourself they are easy to do, the valve springs are 130lbs they were done when I had the motor built.vlad01 wrote:Looks good. I'm going to get my new daily VP auto built too, so it doesn't shit the bed before 200k like they all do.
Did you replace your valve springs when you did the rockers or are they still stock?
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Yeah they are a nice bit of gear, it was cheaper for me buy mine and learn to weld than pay someone to make my exhaustantus wrote:Just saw this thread. The unimig stuff is good. I have the viper 180.