265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

yep i second delcowizzids suggestion, put it on a eprom memcal so its pretty much not going to die!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by vlad01 »

I did that and when my NVRAM corrupted my backup eeprom died lol. So I had to recover my NVRAM an hour from home, lucky I had everything with me.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Definitely going to burn the bin and tune to a memcal. I have done lot of reading in the FAQ section and have a rough idea of how to burn the bin to the memcal but I am still not exactly sure which is the correct way to save full bin file E.g. OS and CAL. Is this through TunerPro or through Flashtool. Cheers
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by delcowizzid »

You should be able to do read bin in ose flashtool.i normally just read the nvram in my programmer and split the tune out with tunerpro and Chuck it on a 256k eprom
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah I use the flash tool, get bin and then burn the bin to a 512k eeprom at 8000 offset and call it done.

Just don't solder the EEPROMs, I found this is what was causing most of mine to fail. They don't like the heat of soldering, at least the ones I have don't. Solder a socket into the memcal and you can then just burn the chip and push them in, that way you don't need an adapter either.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks guys, I originally thought that you burnt direct to the Memcal but From what Vlad said above you would need an adaptor for the Memcal.

I found instructions on how to fit a socket to the memcal. do I just buy an EEPROM and socket from Ebay etc. if so does anyone have any recommendations for what to get.

Sorry I am not great with electronics cheers
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

These are some examples of what you want - these are both from the same seller too.

eeproms - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301924734582

Sockets - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301924729543

i've selected a 512kb eeprom as it will work for any tune then, ie. vr auto needs a 512kb chip.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Holden202T wrote:These are some examples of what you want - these are both from the same seller too.

eeproms - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301924734582

Sockets - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301924729543

i've selected a 512kb eeprom as it will work for any tune then, ie. vr auto needs a 512kb chip.
Thanks Sam, that's great. How can it be so cheap, $6 for both with free shipping? on the way

When I was in Perth recently they were charging $12 for a pint of beer in a pub. Does not compute

Cheers
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by delcowizzid »

That's 6 bucks for 5 of each its nice and cheap
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

delcowizzid wrote:That's 6 bucks for 5 of each its nice and cheap
Yeah I thought I was seeing things when it was showing 5 items