finally finished inlet manifold and fitted with new 25 lb injectors 14.7 wide band hooked up,
when the weather fines up a bit I might get it out of the shed and do a bit of tuning.
marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
Nice work ! You get a lot done in not much time !
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
Burning the midnight oil ,HQ355 wrote:Nice work ! You get a lot done in not much time !
Needed it operational in case it floods
probably like a lot of people on this forum I get a bit obsessed
and I don't know how I would have visualized it without a few cans for reference
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
not a bad spot you mounted the USB board... I havent seen them mounted there before.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
Had to do a bit of trimming of the case to get them to fit there ,but I couldn't put them in the side without redoing the ecu mounts and wiring harnessJayme wrote:not a bad spot you mounted the USB board... I haven't seen them mounted there before.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
i agree, and it makes it easy if you ever need to remove that board too, don't need to pull the whole thing apart, just need a bit of wiring loom so you can pull it out then unplug!
manifold looks mint, keen to see what performance differences it has!
manifold looks mint, keen to see what performance differences it has!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
Gave the engine a bit of a run today ,had to set throttle plate open a full turn on screw( previous manifold must have been leaking more than I thought )
It ran much smother was pretty good on the a/f ratio with the calculated adjustments for the new injectors.
will now idle down to 350 rpm smoothly ,not bad for engine with only a flex plate ,
logged some funny timing things at 100kpa was wondering if some one would care to look?
I am getting some lean spikes when cracking the throttle should I change ae or keep working on the ve?
It ran much smother was pretty good on the a/f ratio with the calculated adjustments for the new injectors.
will now idle down to 350 rpm smoothly ,not bad for engine with only a flex plate ,
logged some funny timing things at 100kpa was wondering if some one would care to look?
I am getting some lean spikes when cracking the throttle should I change ae or keep working on the ve?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
I would normally say, hit it to 100% throttle then hold the brake till you get the RPM right down then lift foot off brake, that way you can get a nice run without the AE screwing with miztures.... bit hard to ride the brake in a boat tho lol.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
2nd gear up a steep hill riding the brake is a good trick but up hill in the water might be hard.......
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
Made a couple VE changes based off that log. I changed the AE settings to the same as the BLCF V8 bin might be more suited for a better starting point.
AE is a hard call sometimes I often leave it until the VE is pretty right. Or if you know that it will need more due to upgrades or bigger capacity as in your case.
AE is a hard call sometimes I often leave it until the VE is pretty right. Or if you know that it will need more due to upgrades or bigger capacity as in your case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.