Delco Jeep

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
v6bucket

Re: Delco Jeep

Post by v6bucket »

2 logs of the Jeep 66 bin. I didn't have the KnockBlock connected, so I'll log another on the way to work this arvo. The TCC only connects once when cold, touch the brakes & it disengages & doesn't reconnect until it's cold again, but it does go lean in the 1st couple of minutes, which the engine is still cold so it's using cold compensation tables. I did adjust the "Idle Spark Advance as a Function of Map" to match the "Main Spark Advance Table vs Map & RPM"
12P_8033.rar
(273.26 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
12P_8034.rar
(245.6 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Gee it must be driving nice now target and actual AFR are following each other pretty good. Better than most factory Holden tunes anyway!
Made a few big changes to some rich areas.

Out of interest how have you verified the wideband is reading correct? Mine has a built in feature to output fixed voltages.
Attachments
Jeep 67.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I gave the Jeep 66 a run yesterday with the KnockBlock connected, I'll have to adjust the Spark table as there's a bit of detonation at wot. It'll be a few days before I can get to it as I'm racing tomorrow, so I need some get the car ready to load this arvo. It appears to be driving quite well except for the lean area at 1400rpm & higher load.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Are you running a gauge for the wideband?
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Yes, it's an Innovate LM1, what shows on the gauge is the same as what you see in the logs.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Hi Dylan, I've set up the wideband back in the Jeep & run your last bin, the afr's are very close in most places. I've adjusted the timing down in places as it is showing a bit of knock by the meter. Overall it drives pretty well. For some reason the TCC is operating again, so you can see where it locks, the afr plummets. I've left the timing where it runs lean as I think the knock is caused from running lean.
This log was using your Jeep 67 bin.
12P_8040.XDL
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 348 times
This bin has the timing altered that I'll try today.
Jeep 67.1.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Its coming along for shore.
Attachments
Jeep 68.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I haven't given up on this, just catching up on some other work.
I used a version of the previous bin(67) in the Jeep, it was cold when I left work, just below 0°, & I had trouble driving it, noticed that the MAT was reading 7° or 8°. As I had the MAT sensor above the throttle body, I thought that I'd shift it into the manifold as a test, the MAT readings naturally went up, but it also lessened the 1400prm lean area. I fitted another exhaust system from the extractors back a few weeks ago, it appears that I may have corrupted the NVram whilst it was in the vehicle with the battery disconnected, after some tuition from VL400 I think it's working again, just haven't had time to reconnect the Delco & test.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

the stock calibrations are designed to run with the MAT sensor in a runner..... it needs to be inside the manifold at the very least!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah not often the delco calibration would see the MAT on 0 in its runner location :)