PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by Gampy »

Thank you!

So far all the P01 look alike PCM's use the same pinout, on all of them the ground pin should be pin 60, use of any other ground pin is known to cause issues.
Then of course the other 3 pins are 19 ign, 20 +12v and 58 Data.

It does help us if there is only a single operation in a log, multiple operations cause things to get missed. ;) :thumbup:

As stated in the P08 thread, P08 is not released yet.

Next time I build, I'll wrap up a P08 package for you, but we'll talk about that over there, not here ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
zack4200
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:35 pm
cars: 1982 Chevy Chevette 3400 LA1 swapped
1986 Chevy Chevette
1998 Chevy s10

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by zack4200 »

yeah looking back I'm not really sure why I used pin 1 for ground, everything I've seen on building a bench harness used pin 60 :think: all fixed now though

okay good to know! I'll be sure to keep logs to a single operation in the future. Aside from closing & relaunching PCM Hammer, is there a way to clear the log? I didn't see anything in any of the menus
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by MudDuck514 »

Gampy wrote:Thank you!

So far all the P01 look alike PCM's use the same pinout, on all of them the ground pin should be pin 60, use of any other ground pin is known to cause issues.
Then of course the other 3 pins are 19 ign, 20 +12v and 58 Data.

It does help us if there is only a single operation in a log, multiple operations cause things to get missed. ;) :thumbup:

As stated in the P08 thread, P08 is not released yet.

Next time I build, I'll wrap up a P08 package for you, but we'll talk about that over there, not here ...

-Enjoy

Hi all,

I was wondering if they all used the same power, data and ground pins.
Makes it easy to create a bench flashing setup!
Now to strip down the P04 harness I have so I can have a few useful inputs, such as IAT and CTS.

Mike
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by Gampy »

zack4200,

No, there is no other way then to close and re-open PCM Hammer.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by Gampy »

Post em up please!

If you physically have a P04, please post the OsID ... No mystery numbers, only numbers you are 100% certain are a P04 OsID!

I am ripping out the entire current crap soup mess of OsID's claimed to be P04's and starting fresh with known provable OsID's only ... I'm tired of the mess!

No database dumps, no lists found here or there, unless you are 100% certain the numbers are P04 OsID's!

Sorry for the hassle, we need to keep control of this OsID soup, it is spilling all over ...

Thank You!
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
darkman5001
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by darkman5001 »

Gampy wrote:Post em up please!

If you physically have a P04, please post the OsID ... No mystery numbers, only numbers you are 100% certain are a P04 OsID!

I am ripping out the entire current crap soup mess of OsID's claimed to be P04's and starting fresh with known provable OsID's only ... I'm tired of the mess!

No database dumps, no lists found here or there, unless you are 100% certain the numbers are P04 OsID's!

Sorry for the hassle, we need to keep control of this OsID soup, it is spilling all over ...

Thank You!
-Enjoy

I have four of the P04s. The OSIDs are 12202127, 12207868, 12580147, 12583373.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by Gampy »

Thank ya sir!

Added ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by antus »

Gampy wrote: I am ripping out the entire current crap soup mess of OsID's claimed to be P04's and starting fresh with known provable OsID's only ... I'm tired of the mess!
You might have missed the PR because NSFW approved it but I cleaned up the mess a month to two ago. I have a high level of confidence in whats there, and they are grouped by service number with a comment to that effect each. Please dont rip them out. IF there is a service number incorrectly listed as P04 we can move the whole block to another section (EG if we have 1M P04 which turned out to be P05 in the wrong section).

PR was https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... 175584c3a0 and you need to expand the last file because the change is too big for the web UI.

Its still good to validate our list so please do post P04 OSIDs with their service number and we can validate they are there and are commented in the right service number block.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by Gampy »

Yes, I know, and it's an inaccurate mess and I can prove it!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
zack4200
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:35 pm
cars: 1982 Chevy Chevette 3400 LA1 swapped
1986 Chevy Chevette
1998 Chevy s10

Re: PCM Hammer P04 Support Project

Post by zack4200 »

The two I have are 12583369 and 12594527.

FWIW, I also picked up a P05 from a 2005 Malibu Maxx while I was at the yard today. Is it worth even attempting to read with the current version of PCM Hammer?