Vy commodore

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Does look like there’s enough room on the drivers side to get a starter motor in there. But will need to figure out how I’m going to achieve that. Maybe get a spare motor for mock. The adaptor plate and ls bellhousing is definitely an option
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Rhysk94
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS
Location: Perth

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Rhysk94 »

That wont work. Just put the turbo in the normal location.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

If I can’t fit the turbo down there it’ll be getting put aside and I’ll look for a top swap.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Been playing with the 3D printer again. This time I’m printing the turbo in 2 parts, to make it easier to get it up in position, rather than having to pull stuff apart. Also had intercooler mounting brackets from another project that I wasn’t using and some other odd brackets laying around. Looks like I can make them work 👌
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Might need a little bend here and there
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0081
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Re: Vy commodore

Post by 0081 »

Turbo location looks good, not a fan of them mounted up high.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Yeah we’ll see where it lands. I’m having some fun again 😎🤘 so that’s the main thing.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

I’ll take some time and try to get it all tucked
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

I remember last time the little plastic bar grill inserts didn’t fit as the cooler pipes run straight through there. But I’ve seen vpw sell oval to round pipes these days. So might have a play with them and see. Really want the sleeper look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

This is my old tool for getting spark plugs out of my old setup 😂. Think I ended up v-band clamping the dump just to get to them? Can’t remember now lol. I remember like 4am one morning heading to work and the a/c exploded, filling the cab with all the poisonous gas. And I was already running late so I just kept going 😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.