DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

not really thats why i was going direct port constant flow system triggered with boost every cylinder gets its share wet air is heavy it hates to turn corners or change direction more than dry air.boost only compresses the air together it doesnt increase airspeed a lot if any for extra mixing.generally you only use meth injection for cooling/extra octane not extra fueling normally only feed it in untill air temp is at its lowest no more.you need a cooler with our new turbo we are down in the 30's intake temp if we give it a good squirt of wot even with a tiny 450x300x75 cooler cant wait to see temp at the end of the strip after 3 gears to redline wot might hit the 20's lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by TdracerTd »

What's the ambient when you are seeing 30 degree inlet temps?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

NZ is pretty cold, I guess at about 10-15 atm
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by immortality »

Bloody windy Wellington. We're seeing low to mid 20's up here.

I wish I could get my 304 intake temps that low :(
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Bloody windy Wellington. We're seeing low to mid 20's up here.

I wish I could get my 304 intake temps that low :(

geez i wish I could get warm days like that. Its freezing here and dry as all ***k, worst of both worlds lol
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by Holden202T »

lol that would be nice, I normally race in high 20 to low 30's! :(
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by VL400 »

Move to sunny Perth, high 20s racing is jumper weather :lol:
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:
immortality wrote:Bloody windy Wellington. We're seeing low to mid 20's up here.

I wish I could get my 304 intake temps that low :(

geez i wish I could get warm days like that. Its freezing here and dry as all ***k, worst of both worlds lol
I don't mind cold and dry, here it's mostly warm and wet or cold and wet or warm then cold with lots of wind and wet. Auckland, 4 seasons in one day. Humidity sucks....
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

its like that here too but lack of rain. in fact our local area is a like an isolated case of severe drought. We are almost completely out of water its that bad, yet no drought has been declared ??

we had unseasonably cold and windy (with no rain) summer ,absolute agony it was, 1 year ago same time it was so hot we got a number of bush fires close to our properly, like 12 days in a row above 35 and real dry.

we have has many 10s of 100+ year old trees die last and this year, half smaller plants in the garden have died. Lat month we got 31 days straight with not even a single drop of rain. I think its a record for the 35 years we have been here. All this cold then suddenly we might get 30+ days in late May.

the climate here is completely up shit creek.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by immortality »

I think the climate is going up shit creek everywhere. Everything seems to be going to more extremes and for longer too.

Not that man would have anything to do with that.....

/sacrasm