LOL I bet you typed 'Tinnie' and thought it looked funny as well?....sound metally inside
How to loose 200kgs?....
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
should be a bit more on a VP since they are a lighter car and the % loss will be a little bit more. Thats a useful figure to know.The1 wrote:I notice about 30kg in my VS, logs show about 0.20sec 0-100 quicker, that's with my big sub, toolbox and other stuff out my boot. So id image all the weight loss would help acceleration heaps out of the corners.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
nah, that word didn't even cross my mind to be honest.Biggvl wrote:LOL I bet you typed 'Tinnie' and thought it looked funny as well?....sound metally inside![]()
that word reminds me more of ricer exhausts or cars with gutted cats.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
I have a 2012 sti which is my daily. It doesn't sound tinny or metallic, but you can hear the transmission and get a lot of road noise in the cabin. The factory phone hands free is practically useless. Sticky tyres and mca shocks make it a pretty raw experience driving it.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Thats exactly what I want.
-
0081(2)
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 am
- cars: VY commodore supercharged V6
- Location: Sydney
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Came across this the other day
http://zzperformance.com/3800/air-intak ... ntake.html
Not too sure about how it is performance wise and i also think it would have the throttle body at the back. But must weigh less
Are you even able to make that kind of change according to the rules for your class?
http://zzperformance.com/3800/air-intak ... ntake.html
Not too sure about how it is performance wise and i also think it would have the throttle body at the back. But must weigh less
Are you even able to make that kind of change according to the rules for your class?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Hey, thanks for that, can use any engine part/modifications we wish in our class, the engine makes great power as is, and cost a lot of time (and money) to get it to this, would love to have my intake scanned and remade on a 3d printer 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
yeah, those banana intakes are a backward step over our aussie intakes. Biggvl should know as he sold a lot to the states.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Yep, those intakes have issues, I believe the primary problem is the runner length or lack there off.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Sooo... the wilwood bits turned up on Friday, wow, they are amazing looking quality... got the scales out and this is what I found..




can't wait to get this stuff on the car for testing..
also picked up the fibreglass on saturday, most of it is too light to weigh with these scales
the bonnet and guard panel (now one piece) will be where most of the gains are made




can't wait to get this stuff on the car for testing..
also picked up the fibreglass on saturday, most of it is too light to weigh with these scales
the bonnet and guard panel (now one piece) will be where most of the gains are made
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...