VS reg and rail is piratically the same as VN-VR, reg is identical.Holden202T wrote:yeah right, never experienced anything newer than VS fuel rails.
Vlad's rides thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Little bit more progress.
Cleaned out an elbow ready for blasting with the rest of the manifold.
installed the main seal. Oiled the seal lips and a light smear of aviation goo on the outside to aid installation and prevent oil seepage.
Initial push in with my plate.
Then removed it and installed the depth setting spacer ring (4.5mm thick) and then reinstalled the plate.
Fully tighten down I turned the engine few revs to make sure I have a nice evenly set seal.
Done!
Cleaned out an elbow ready for blasting with the rest of the manifold.
installed the main seal. Oiled the seal lips and a light smear of aviation goo on the outside to aid installation and prevent oil seepage.
Initial push in with my plate.
Then removed it and installed the depth setting spacer ring (4.5mm thick) and then reinstalled the plate.
Fully tighten down I turned the engine few revs to make sure I have a nice evenly set seal.
Done!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
The1 wrote:20cc/min, i guess BLM/Closed loop can deal with it. Though WOT would be out, but as they ran 12:1 it's Rich as anyway, There wasn't any fueling changes between tune revisions. No Deadtime or injector changes either. There's a few things ive noticed over the years like that.
Damn right, our old VS (series II) on a standard tune would blow black smoke if you nailed it. I measured the fuel rail pressure @ about 48 psi.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Vlad's rides thread
did you do anything to the back of the crank? ive heard people blaming marks on there for rear main leaks and had it polished up along with the rest of the crank when having a rebuild done.
Here's a photo of VN-VR Rail vs VT-VY V6 Rail, VS Rail is the same as VT just different mount like the older style and non removable regulator, VT-VY have removable reg held in with a circlip.
Here's a photo of VN-VR Rail vs VT-VY V6 Rail, VS Rail is the same as VT just different mount like the older style and non removable regulator, VT-VY have removable reg held in with a circlip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
The crank flange was polished and there still is a mark but only mild. Duggan's said it nothing and will be fine.
I meant the oil seepage around the outside of the seal. They do tend to get moist with oil there using synthetic oil.
I meant the oil seepage around the outside of the seal. They do tend to get moist with oil there using synthetic oil.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Got my timing cover. Majorly pissed!
absolute junk. casting is crap and out of whack and oil pump clearances to the housing are just shy of 3 times the max allowable.
Oil passages are much more obstructed than even stock and almost 1/2 the size.
absolute junk. casting is crap and out of whack and oil pump clearances to the housing are just shy of 3 times the max allowable.
Oil passages are much more obstructed than even stock and almost 1/2 the size.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
send it back as garbage.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Is that the locally cast item from KC?vlad01 wrote:Got my timing cover. Majorly pissed!
absolute junk. casting is crap and out of whack and oil pump clearances to the housing are just shy of 3 times the max allowable.
Oil passages are much more obstructed than even stock and almost 1/2 the size.
I've got one of their 304 efi thermostat housings and it's not that flash either but it was about the only locally available option when I broke mine
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yep it is KC.immortality wrote:Is that the locally cast item from KC?vlad01 wrote:Got my timing cover. Majorly pissed!
absolute junk. casting is crap and out of whack and oil pump clearances to the housing are just shy of 3 times the max allowable.
Oil passages are much more obstructed than even stock and almost 1/2 the size.
I've got one of their 304 efi thermostat housings and it's not that flash either but it was about the only locally available option when I broke mine
Outer rotor to housing clearance is around 0.8mm, where the max factory spec is 0.38mm. Its horrendous. So requesting to send it back on those basis.
Now trying to get one from the states. All sites say discontinued for every cover that can fit the engine
One site you can do a part search request for discontinued parts so hoping I might be able to use either USA 3800 91-95 cover or 3300 91 cover which I do believe it the same as out VN/VP cover and VR manual without cam sensor hole.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I may have found some genuine covers by chance of searching speed spares site by description.
Emailed them on availability. Going to buy 2 if they have them lol, save me the bs next time I build an engine.
http://www.speedspares.net/24502339_p/24502339.htm
Emailed them on availability. Going to buy 2 if they have them lol, save me the bs next time I build an engine.
http://www.speedspares.net/24502339_p/24502339.htm