Gday all, I have attached a log file where I was just able to get it to run, very roughly for a short time towards the end.
I reset the base timing in diagnotic mode but I am not convinced the plugs are getting a good signal from the ignition as when I apply the timing light on crank it doesn't flash as many times as it should, just now and then.
265 Hemi to efi
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Great. I'll have a look. You may have someting there if the coil supply voltage is low it may not be producing enough secondary voltage hence not being able to trigger the timing light. I had a mate with an old Statesman and he had an auto elec wire the ignition system with a Bosh high energy system so he added a ballast resistor. That plus the original high resistance ignition wire meant the coil was only getting 6 volts. It ran like shit so I grabbed a jumper wire and ran voltage straight from the battery to the coil + and you should have seen his eyes light up as it began to purr. Maybe try that.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Without going into fine detail with the log I see someting with the memcal selection. Look under lists on the log and it says 6 cylinder memcal selected but it starts off as 8 cyl then jumps to 4 cyl for the rest of the log. Maybe I have the wrong ADX. I'm using 12Pver 112_3bar. Maybe the NVRAM is corrupted.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
This is what I mean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Thanks for looking at the log file. So not the bin or the CAL, the actual hardware might be corrupt?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Detected is the jumper on the nvram. I think it always starts at 8cyl before you turn key, but when it runs it reads it and then they should both say 6cyl. So check that jumper is on the right pins.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
I have never used a NVRAM so I can't comment but I will say my first coversion I did I used a 6cyl memcal on a 4cyl engine and it ran like crap and it was Kojab that helped me solve the issue.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Yes there would be a big problem if the voltage was not adequate but not sure why that would be. The Camira wiring to the coil is different to normal coils so will need to think of something,Charlescrown wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2025 12:57 am Great. I'll have a look. You may have someting there if the coil supply voltage is low it may not be producing enough secondary voltage hence not being able to trigger the timing light. I had a mate with an old Statesman and he had an auto elec wire the ignition system with a Bosh high energy system so he added a ballast resistor. That plus the original high resistance ignition wire meant the coil was only getting 6 volts. It ran like shit so I grabbed a jumper wire and ran voltage straight from the battery to the coil + and you should have seen his eyes light up as it began to purr. Maybe try that.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
I haven't touched the NVRAM but maybe a jumper has come off?antus wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2025 11:43 am Detected is the jumper on the nvram. I think it always starts at 8cyl before you turn key, but when it runs it reads it and then they should both say 6cyl. So check that jumper is on the right pins.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
If all the jumpers are it might pay to move them to make sure their making a good conduct.