FRAM NVRAM Board

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Jayme

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by Jayme »

Can you take a photo of the leg you cut?
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Post by BennVenn »

Success! My NVRAM was corrupting. Doesn't do it on the bench but will in the car. Investigation is required. With the /wr line tied high I got a few good long logs.

KINJFLOW doesn't get halved. It was too lean to run at half, the full 0.11 gave the same tune as the TBI memcal.

TPS was reading 8% at idle and IAC was at 0. Backing the throttle adjust screw fixed that. 0% TPS and 29 IAC.

idle was too low at 700. Raised it to 1000rpm. Idles good.

I turned tracing on and saw the dot hover at what should have been 10deg btdc. Strobe indicated 23 which is what was on my dial screen. Eng temp was at 70deg ish... ill try find what was adding 13deg.

Ill put the logs up tomorrow if anyone is interested. Not much to see with the wideband disconnected but its a start!
BennVenn

Post by BennVenn »

Jayme wrote:Can you take a photo of the leg you cut?
The leg was pin3 of the lower dip
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

when I converted my memcal to TBI, I just unsoldered the entire netres and soldered in a 10k resistor where the pins 12 and 13 of the netres went. maybe give that a go. the pins in the 4cyl netres could have more going on than shown in that diagram.

there is a hardware cyl select pin in the memcal (dont know which but I assume 12 or 13 of the netres) different voltages are different numbers of cylinders. 5v is TBI.

also try logging with just keyon and maybe injector unplugged to make sure the 12P code is actually running.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

With the extra timing with coolant temp at that range any extra timing will be very minimal none on a stock tune. I'm guessing reference angle will need adjusting.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

all awesome stuff here from the FRAM to the bug delco!

Any chance we could split the two topics out? Both are really interesting so it'd be nice to know which topic is being updated
BennVenn

Post by BennVenn »

Your right ejukated, I'll keep this NVRAM related and create a new thread for any issues I encounter.

Jayme says if the requested timing = actual timing, which it does then ref is all good?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

In diagnostic and normal mode there's a difference. In diagnostic mode the module controls the timing, in normal mode the ECU does. There's a possibility for some error between the 2 if there's a reference angle difference.

There's a table for temperature correction to the timing but it's only 2 or 3 degrees each way. Ads some when cold removes some when hot. But between say 40 and 90 deg coolant it's as commanded from the main table.
BennVenn

Post by BennVenn »

Ok, I must have misinterpreted.

The thing is, the calculated timing as seen In tunerpro was exactly what I was seeing with my timing light. The black blob was hovering between 4 cells each around 10deg. If you say its a reference issue I'll try recallibrate.

I'll look at my logs this morning. Could be something obvious.

NVRAM: do you find a pull up suffices with keeping CE high? I was thinking decoupling the supply via a diode to keep a resovoir cap charged and then use that for the pullup vcc. It'll be there long after the cpu is forced into reset by the power controller ic.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Sorry I just re read your post. If the 12P ADX dial said 23 and your timing on the motor matched then all is good. Was it idling at that time?