I see HPT have released an update to flash the T87A now without having to send the controller in.
Any guesses as to what they are doing/have done to allow this?
E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed
Do they have a kit to purchase? Does that include a TCM plug?
If so I'm assuming they're shorting a couple of pins to each other and feeding 5v to the ign feed to get the tcm into 'gm boot' mode similar to the way ulink NT is doing it so they can read/write/change the bootloader accordingly.
If so I'm assuming they're shorting a couple of pins to each other and feeding 5v to the ign feed to get the tcm into 'gm boot' mode similar to the way ulink NT is doing it so they can read/write/change the bootloader accordingly.
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed
that's the thing. it says just plug into the obdi port & away you go.
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed
Should that be the case I can't imagine it'll be long for some sniffing to reveal it's secrets.
-
koolky
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2025 4:19 am
Re: E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed
I've been working on this CAX to lay out the CAN messages on the E67. I don't have an A2L so I've been looking for patterns that look similar to what Tre-cool had shared in a T43 CAX. I have not fully tested it so use caution. I don't have the device ID's and would appreciate if someone is able to share them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed
if you want to know the ID's for TX & RX.
Your generally pretty safe to do a search for something like 00C108
That will generally be the first RX object ID in the OS portion of the bin file.
the 08 is the amount of bytes or length of the ID.
Example E67 file.
Your generally pretty safe to do a search for something like 00C108
That will generally be the first RX object ID in the OS portion of the bin file.
the 08 is the amount of bytes or length of the ID.
Example E67 file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
koolky
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2025 4:19 am
Re: E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed
I think I mapped the ID's in the CAX as you described. What I couldn't figure out it how to decode the values. My guess was that 0=invalid vs T43 0=ECM, 14(or highest value?)=invalid.