Vy commodore
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
I need to order all the different size exhaust housings before I go ahead and start making the manifold. It’ll be something I want to test along with different wastegate spring pressures and the little Arduino boost controller. Really wanting super fast response without it falling over in the top end. Try and find that 1:1 balance.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
From the previous testing I’ve already done, it’s a balancing act. It’s hard to achieve because if you pick a rear housing that’s too small, you get the drive pressure needed to spool it up real quick but that if you log emp you’ll see it just keeps increasing through the rpm. But go larger and yeah you get that 1:1 up in the top end but you get lag. My hope is to go smaller and control emp and keep the turbo in its efficiency range using the Arduino. Last time it took me weeks of trying different spring preload and vane angles and all the rest, but that was with a variable geometry turbo. Once you get it right it’s a different engine.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Getting there
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Figuring out what I need
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
More measurements
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Nutting out pipes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vy commodore
Coming along nicely.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Thanks mate. I might end up using this pipe on the hot side. Give me some boost references and it was just laying in the metal pile.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
I love going through old photos. Really wish I had more photos of the cars I’ve built over the years. So many memories
. I remember back then there was no Facebook or camera phones and the internet was relatively new. Good times. No one to tell you, you can’t do something or that won’t work
. You could pick up a vl turbo for the price of a slab, and all ya mates had gt ho falcons or slr torana’s. We just made do. Bring back the ol days
.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
The young fella giving me a hand. I’ll be teaching him how to drive soon 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.